Unsure of Starter Mash...opinions???

kikidee

Songster
8 Years
May 30, 2011
San Clemente
I went to my local feed store and I asked for starter mash for my ducks. I asked if it was unmedicated and they said they didn't know, but it was the only one they had and that everyone who came used it. I bought it, but I'm afraid to feed it to my ducklings now (they aren't born yet, 5 days till hatch date). So should I use it? Is there some say to figure out if it is medicated or not? It just came in a big brown bag that says Starter Mash haha, this place is a little family owned store.

Um, sorry, but how pathetic is that -- the staff of the feed store "doesn't know?" All they have to do is look at the tag - if it doesn't say "MEDICATED" in fairly large print and have an active ingredient/purpose statement, its NOT medicated.

Sorry, but its a pet peeve of mine when staff at a store doesn't know the first thing about their products, policies, prices, etc.

Does the bag it came in have a label? It will say if its medicated. Perhaps they are repackaging from bulk into generic bags -- in that case it might not be properly labeled. But the staff still should know something that basic.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom