Unsure what type of plymouth rocks i have.

DavidN

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 24, 2014
They are six weeks old and have the black sideways marks like a barred rock but the rest of them are brown. Would these be considered partridge or barred rocks that have yet to change color? I will get some picks off my girlfriends phone tonight if possible.

[/IMG]. The top pic we believe is a rooster. It has a noticeably larger comb and appears to have longer legs or the feathers don't come as far down the legs. Let us know what you think. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
They might even be a mixed breed. I have some that are a mix between a barred rock rooster and a rhode island red hen that look very similar. It's possible that they could be a mix between a barred rock and another color of plymouth rock too.

No we have two Easter eggers besides these two. There paint jobs were similar but when we got these two from tractor supply they were labeled Plymouth rocks. Plus our Americana chicks have fluffed out feathers on there cheecks

They look like Partridge Plymouth Rocks to me. The top one does look like a cockerel. Could you post a picture of the second bird standing so that we can see the color of its breast? A female male Partridge Rock will have a black breast, but a female will not.

Give me a few mins and I'll try to get pics of both there breast areas

Back
Top Bottom