1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Unusual chick here? Any ideas to breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Kbruce, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Kbruce

Kbruce Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2011
    North Carolina
    This chick was hatched about 3 wks ago from an assortment of breeds hatching eggs of Cochin serama frizzle bantams but this one looks so different just not sure what she can be? She has the most feathers on her feet and brown around eyes... If anyone has a guess please let me know or is she too young to tell? [​IMG] [​IMG] Thanks Kbruce

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

r the cochins and sermas mixed? or are they cochins and sermas? it looks like a cochin mix. with mixes u get any color. she/he didnt get the frizzle feathers.

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    It looks like it has the dark skin of a silkie. Did they have silkies where you got them? Does it have extra toes? My first guess was a silkie/cochin mix. Whatever it is, its adorable!

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    mix probably...i think she might be a he since there is already a tent of red on the comb but it is to young to tell for sure

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    it could have silkie some weres in the background

6. Kbruce

Kbruce Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2011
    North Carolina
    I have 8 that hatched and it looks like 2 serama they are the smallest no foot feathers. One is a black frizzle. They all have 4 toes The rsst all have feathered feet and are either black, gray or white but this is the only chick with different color feathers and the brwnn eyes. I'm sure it's Cochin mix but not sure what? They did have silkies from where the eggs came from but none look like silkies.

Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by