Unusual question on hatching

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jquesenberry, Jun 27, 2011.

1. jquesenberry

jquesenberry New Egg

Jun 27, 2011
    I incubated eggs from a RR rooster and Red sex link hens. Now most of you will think this is impossible but I swear Im telling the truth. When the eggs hatched, the chicks were white. Now they are about 2 months old and they havnt changed color, they are still white. How can this be possible??? There is a total of 5 that are like this. I cant necessarily tell people that they are rr/red sex links when they are white. We have no other chickens besides these so its not a cross from another flock. So very confused. Can anyone help me solve this mistery?

Thanks
    Jennifer

2. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Chillin' With My Peeps

White is in the genetics of the sex links.You put a RIR roo over White rock or RIW to create your sexlinks.Then the pullets of this come out red and the roos come out white. However once you start moving into subsequent generations of sexlink...the sex link trait no longer holds true. You may have white birds thrown off from the white gene or you may have 5 cockerels in there....

3. jquesenberry

jquesenberry New Egg

Jun 27, 2011
    Wow. Thats really interesting. Thanks alot for solving our mystery. We were so confused.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by