Unusual Rooster (now possibly sick)

Exsinc

In the Brooder
Feb 23, 2021
We ordered 19 chicks back in august of 2020 and we got a surprise chick with it he ended up being a beautiful docile cream legbar roo. He’s always been kinda off we thought he would die as a chick he would fall on his butt a lot and has always been kinda twitchy. He was supposed to get to 6-7lb but has always been small and is now full grown but smaller than all the hens. At first we thought he was a bantam but the hatchery we got him from doesn’t sell bantam cream legbars. For the last few weeks I’ve noticed he has green diarrhea like poop. I’m still trying to get a stool test done but today when he came out he pooped out straight white liquid and it sounded really juicy (lol). He’s always ate and drank fine and seems in overall fine health he doesn’t act sick or anything but he’s always been kinda wierd in personality even as top roo he lays around a lot and just chills so idrk what’s normal for him. Compared to other cream legbars in photos he looks noticeably smaller so I’m not sure if he has some genetic issue or what I’m not sure if any of that is correlated or relevant but does anyone have some insight on this diarrhea? Here’s a pic of the green diarrhea: B910E78F-5AA4-4345-A982-200FB893A23B.jpeg D8540F4B-77B0-4566-8EA8-FA0F0D347295.jpeg
I don’t have any pics of the white poop that came out this morning but
any insight on this poop issue and what I can do to help would be much appreciated thanks.

Green poops can be a sign of not eating enough. The bottom picture contains green poop and some mixed cecal poop a different color. Cecal poop comes from the 2 cecal pouches, where the small and large intestines, and it is where fermentation occurs. White urates in a large amount can indicate being dehydrated. I would take him aside and make sure that he is drinking and eating. You can offer some probiotics, water with vitamins, and wet feed with a little scrambled egg.

Green poops can be a sign of not eating enough. The bottom picture contains green poop and some mixed cecal poop a different color. Cecal poop comes from the 2 cecal pouches, where the small and large intestines, and it is where fermentation occurs. White urates in a large amount can indicate being dehydrated. I would take him aside and make sure that he is drinking and eating. You can offer some probiotics, water with vitamins, and wet feed with a little scrambled egg.
Ok will do, thank you so much for the response! I just went outside and he pooped out straight water not sure if this means anything?

I would try to collect some droppings and ask your vet to do a fecal float. You could try treating him for possible coccidiosis with Corid in the water for 5-7 days, and try worming him with Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer if you cannot get a fecal test.

Back
Top Bottom