Unusual turkey behaviour

Caesarthegreat

Songster
Aug 13, 2020
United Kingdom
Hi there, one of my tukeys- a wrolstad bronze hen has been acting strange today. She is eating and drinking, however she has been very quiet. She has not moved much today, apart from one i took some treats for her and she came running up to me. She is currently lying down on the ground.
She is 7 months old. Could this behaviour be due to her hormones changing due to maturity? This is the first day she has ever done this. My other hen is perfectly fine, running around and lively.
Could she be wanting to lay her first egg?
Many thanks!

Hi there, one of my tukeys- a wrolstad bronze hen has been acting strange today. She is eating and drinking, however she has been very quiet. She has not moved much today, apart from one i took some treats for her and she came running up to me. She is currently lying down on the ground.
She is 7 months old. Could this behaviour be due to her hormones changing due to maturity? This is the first day she has ever done this. My other hen is perfectly fine, running around and lively.
Could she be wanting to lay her first egg?
Many thanks!
If she is slightly spreading her wings too, she is most likely assuming the breeding position.

She is walking around quite a bit more today. I have feeling she injured her leg when she was pushed off her perch by my other turkey yesterday morning. She once again walks away from me when i go too near to her which is a good sign.

Back
Top Bottom