unusual ways to incubate eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Tiana's chickens, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Tiana's chickens

Tiana's chickens Songster

Dec 7, 2017
    When I tell friends I recently hatched chicks in an electric frying pan, they all think I'm crazy lol! But I just got a bit creative and made do with what I had at the time.

I was just wondering if anyone else has any stories of hatching chicken eggs in different ways? This could be an interesting topic :)

IMG_1330.JPG My trusty electric frying pan

MageofMist and Tightanium like this.
  2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Crossing the Road

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    What are you using to control the heat amount. Dimmer switch, or a STC1000 ???
    Good idea...
    WISHING YOU BEST...... :thumbsup

Tightanium and Tiana's chickens like this.
  3. Tiana's chickens

Tiana's chickens Songster

Dec 7, 2017
    I bought something to measure the temperature and humidity, then I just used the heat control on the frying pan and got it at the right temperature and put a little dish of water in there. it worked out well :) I've still got the chicks that hatched

IMG_1332.JPG

MageofMist likes this.
  4. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Crossing the Road

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    Ok , now I see. I never had an Electric fry pan, so was not sure of the control in that plug. Assuming there is a low setting to keep food warn, so that is the ideal temp for incubating.
    I also do unconventional things, That is why I asked if you were using a dimmer switch.
    I use one with these to keep water for my chickens, and cats from freezing in winter.
    41M6zh57J+L.jpg

Tiana's chickens likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: