unwanted in ky

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickteaser, Apr 4, 2009.

1. chickteaser

chickteaser Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2009
    lee.county
    Any one have any unwanted eggs,chicks, or chickens in kentucky.

2. Ky Chicken Fan

Ky Chicken Fan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Northern Kentucky
    Quote:Hi, What part of Kentucky? And what type of birds are you looking for? Standards? Bantams? Let us know and I am sure one of us can help you. [​IMG]

3. chickenlove2009

chickenlove2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Woodlawn, Tn
    Quote:Hi, What part of Kentucky? And what type of birds are you looking for? Standards? Bantams? Let us know and I am sure one of us can help you. [​IMG]

i have two roos...but I am in TN.

4. chickteaser

Mar 31, 2009
    lee.county
    Im looking for any breeds really, no x breeds. Im looking for someone that is over run with chicks, chickens, or eggs to give away( sorry forgot to put this in the heading) just dont want to miss lead any one. Im just getting started in the chicken world and dont have the money to buy because Im only 16. [​IMG]. Mom and dad have agreed to pay the feed bill as my allowance as long as I dont over do it.

5. Ky Chicken Fan

Aug 2, 2008
    Northern Kentucky
    Quote:Cool, I know folks would probably be willing to help you out if we knew what part of the state you are in. Northern? Western? Lex or Louisville? There are chicken people all over the state, but you will need someone pretty close, doubt the parents want to run across the state to get a chicken. Where are you going to keep the birds? I can testify that building pens isn't cheap either (I am in the middle of another pen-project right now myself [​IMG] )

Edit: you might also introduce yourself on this thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1906449#p1906449 and explain your situation there, a lot of folks in KY read that thread.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  6. chickteaser

Mar 31, 2009
    lee.county
    Sorry guys I forgot to put that on their again, I live in Beattyville ky. Close to Natural Bridge State park. I have chicken pins that my father has built for me in the past I always had rabbits growing up and kept them in the chicken pin along with a few ducks I got one easter. I have built a 6 x 8 hen house out of some pallets that my uncle gave me. So now all I need is some chickens, As of now I only have one self-blue oegb. So I have plenty room for more.[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  7. chickteaser

Mar 31, 2009
    lee.county
    Did this help any ??????

8. Ky Chicken Fan

Aug 2, 2008
    Northern Kentucky
    Quote:Hi, sounds good. Unfortunately I am no where near Natural Bridge, not even sure where it is, I think I was there once when I was a little kid. I DO know that someone on here was looking for birds in the same area a week or so ago. This thread was it https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=150961 and there were some answers from folks who were close I think. Maybe one of them might have something? or do try introducing yourself on that KY people thread, someone is bound to be in your area. Good luck, I hope you find some birds.

9. chickenlove2009

chickenlove2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Woodlawn, Tn
    Quote:Hey your my age. I am 17 and I have had chickens for about 5 years. WHat made you interested in chickens?

Me, I blame my first grade teacher Mrs.Leaman. She brought a farmer's incubator and about 150 eggs. We hatched them for a class activity. I have loved them ever since. (to bad we couldn't keep them [​IMG] )

I have usually between 10 -20 hens and I go through about 100 pounds of feed a month, (2, 50 pound bags cost about 20 bucks)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by