Unwelcome "houseguests" invited themselves to sleep over and camp!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by maf2008, Sep 6, 2009.

1. maf2008

maf2008 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    Unwelcome "houseguests" invited themselves to sleep over and camp in my living room...... but wait there is MORE....

My son's friend from last year at school is his best friend. The mother asked if the Father of my son's friend and my son friend can visit for the D-A-Y!

OMG [​IMG]

Well they ended up coming over alright!

1) The young kid has a respitory infection. (his mother forgot to tell me and is taking medication [​IMG]

2) The father drinks [​IMG]

3) They brought thier camping geer and decided to sleep in my living room THEY INSISTED BECAUSE IT WILL MAKE THE KIDS HAPPY [​IMG]

4) They did not bring food or drink or paid for gas on the fishing trip.

5) Fed the kids LOTS of chocolet smores, built a bonfire in my yard during a burn ban...... [​IMG]

5) I TOLD MY HUSBAND to tell them NO sleepovers while on fishing trip. My husband said he was sorry it just worked out that way. They had too much to drink and needed to sleep it off! I have my daughter and her kids sleeping over and we did not have the sleeping room [​IMG]

6) I had a "surprise" cook out for a total 18 guests [​IMG] as my son in law and his cousins cam over to visit my daughter. ( she visits me on the weekend but they are welcome!)

7) A weekend that I am hatching 60 new babies. They are fine by the way... [​IMG]

OK the list goes on... I need to get rid of them soon! I am not co dependand and its all I can do to be civil this morning and hope to get rid of the uninvited guests. I told the mother that the boys can have a play date, and they pushed themselves to sleep over anyway...WHAT CAN I DO TO PREVENT THIS EVER HAPPENING AGAIN...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    I'd call the mother and tell her to come get her kid, and tell the dad he can move on- its morning time. Make it quick or he'll be back on the booze before lunch. If that doesnt work I'd probably call the police. I dont care if the son is your child's best friend- there's no reason your kids need to be exposed to a drunkard freeloader. kids are impressionable, but no child models itself after anything it sees like a young boy does. In my 16 years of child care it seems boys especially adhere themselves to the most benign of unsavory things theyre exposed to.

After that, I'd say its time to shy away from his little friend. They'll have school together, and maybe gatherings at public place (chuckie cheese or mc donalds or the park) but beyond that, I'd give the friendship time to ebb. Not the sort of person I'd want my son befriending if I could help it. The kid doesnt seem to be in need of a protector- his parents seem to be quite capable of finding places for him to be supervised, as you have so rudely found out.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  3. Holly O

Holly O Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Bergen Norway
    If their is a next time... Your Busy!
    If they are good friends, Maybe just the kid could come, at your son's request!
    Today make yourself Busy, and Let them know you have plans with the family ONLY!

Your situation is one of the rudest things I've heard someone do!

4. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    Sounds like they owe u a sleep-over! Next available vacation would be Thanksgiving. OR! Just say no next time?

5. shawnkfl

shawnkfl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    christiansburg, VA
    a father and his son sleep over? that's just weird.

6. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Am I getting this right?

Your son's came over for an uninvited visit and the DAD tagged along bringing camping gear and booze and then ended up in your living room? And this was the MOM's idea?

Whoa.

That is the weirdest thing that I have ever heard.

I am stunned at the audacity!

Get rid of them quick and count your silverware... ugh!

7. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

That is strange, and you need to send them on their way. I agree with Chicken Fruit, try to gently discourage your son from being around this bunch if you can. I know its not the kids fault what the parent does, but I think little boys see things differently than a little girl would . . .luckily my soon to be 9 year old thinks drinking is horrible and stupid and he feels sorry for kids who have parents who drink . . .so I hope I can keep him that way for a long time. I think its just strange that the dad came along [​IMG] that was just a strange deal. If you have the kachonee's I would also make it clear when they leave that this was a ONE time deal, and will never happen again. Make sure your DH understands that as well, (because as sweet and good as my own DH is, he won't stand up for me about stuff, and I am the one who ends up being the old rip,) or he can sleep out in the doghouse near the tent they WILL set up. What aggravates me about these situations is the fact you lost a weekend of your life you won't get back, (not trying to be morbid, but dang it, its the truth!!) and was stressed the whole time. Glad about the baby chicks though!!!!

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Ann Landers or Dear Abby...can't remember which one used to say we are treated by people how we allow them to treat us...I think that's true 99% of the time. If there's ever a next time say NO! and mean it. Seems like we often times say yes or allow something to happen because we don't want to cause a problem and then in doing so it causes a major problem for us. JUST SAY NOOOOOO!!!!!!

9. jjdward

jjdward How bout them DAWGS!

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    God bless you!!!

10. TammyTX

TammyTX Overrun With Chickens

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:I work in law enforcement and my mind tends to run toward the suspicious, but.....

...this sounds a little fishy to me. The dad was drinking and wanted the boys to sleep in the living room with him.....?

Be very careful. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by