Unwell Pekin Duck HELP!

Benbentheduck

Hatching
May 16, 2016
One of our pet ducks has been somehow sick for a while, and I am unsure what has caused this. We have had four pet ducks for two years and nothing like this has ever happened. We give them a continuous supply of water and food (pellets and lettuce) and they have more than enough water to swim in.
About a few months ago, one morning she suddenly wasn't able to walk. She has recovered from that since then, but she still refuses to eat anything (including her favorite worms and insects) except for a few spiders. She also drinks a lot of water. I have had to force feed her a crushed pellet dough (made from the everyday pellets that they eat).
I also feel that her nervous system has somehow been damaged. She is a very inquisitive duck and I suspect that she has accidentally bitten a bee or wasp while hunting for insects. I have noticed that there are small bubbles coming out of her mouth occasionally, and that she tends to dribble a lot when drinking water. I am very unsure of what I should do to help her.

Thank you in advance.

Back
Top Bottom