Up and waiting on the Post office to call

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Caddy-Corner-Chick, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Caddy-Corner-Chick

Caddy-Corner-Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2011
    Hernando, FL
    Good Morning... Any one else? [​IMG]

2. Caddy-Corner-Chick

Jan 21, 2011
    Hernando, FL
    Well I am slugglishly waking up. This is my second order being sent from Ideal and agggghhhh....

I am nervous if they are all going to be alive or what this morning. I am praying my packaging peanuts are not RIR, I am praying my 1 week chicks accept the new chicks with out too much fuss so I don't have to arrange too much stuff in the brooder. I just want this to go easy and last week at this exact time my phone rang from the post office... so RING already!!!

3. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Awww, the frustratingly loooong wait.

Best wishes that everyone is healthy, happy, the breeds/genders you want and that they all get along!

[​IMG]

4. ddmiddle7

ddmiddle7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yeah I know what you mean... I placed my order from Cackle a couple weeks ago and have not heard anyhting since I got the order Confirmation in my email...I wish they would call me already!! Good luck with your chicks, I hope all is well and the PO calls you soon!

5. paul65

paul65 Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2008
    SW Pennsylvania
    I got my birds on the 10th, 2 bjg pullets, 2 brama roo's and 4 sebright straight run. One sebright died the first day another died after one of my grand kids did something to it so no more grand kids alowed near my bedroom.
    I have always gotten great healthy bird from ideal. My post office called a 7:34am so should be anytime soon and good luck to u and your great birds.

6. Caddy-Corner-Chick

Jan 21, 2011
    Hernando, FL
    Thank you everyone!

Well I received the call abut 630 and drove to get them. When I opened the box there was only one dead, which was one of my BR, and I have one BO who is a little sluggish so I am keeping an eye on her .. I got her to take one little sip of water and I placed her under the light... Not sure what more I can do for her.

I ended up with 6 packaging peanuts and I am pretty sure they are RIR roo's.. such cuties but not what I wanted.

I put them all in brooder together and me and my sons are taking turns watching to make sure everyone get's along. I have a couple of the one week chicks who are being a bit pushy but not as bad as I was expecting... so I am hoping a couple hours of getting to know each other and the transition should go good.

I may go on the where am I where are you and see if anyone needs or wants some RIR roos.. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by