Up Date>>>>> He’s on his way home from Iraq!!!…Pics

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BettyR, Aug 8, 2008.

1. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    The last of my clan (SIL) to go to Iraq is on his way home. YEA!!!! We got his email this morning they were about to board the plane. He is the 5th person in my family to go over…this was his second tour.

In my family I’ve had 2 nephews, 2 SILs and 1 son… all marines and Scot is the last one home. He is due into California on Sunday and then has 1 more month and he will be out of the service. He has served 6 years. He’s going to get his degree in Criminal Justice and Psychology then he thinks he will either go back in as an officer or go into law enforcement.

Any way his mom is a witch and I don’t mean that in a bad way…it’s her religion. She gave me these two chickens (Scotty and Krissy) and told me to keep them with my chickens and take good care of them. That as long as they stay safe Scot will come home safely; I don’t go in for all that weird mumbo jumbo but hay why tempt fate.

Like I would let anything happen to them anyway.

>>>>>>>Up Date<<<<<<< He called this morning and they had a layover in Maryland and they will be in California by tonight. My daughter and his parents are leaving tomorrow morning and driving to California to spend a week and a half with him. He was able to reserve one of the cottages on base. My goofy daughter says she's nervous and excited at the same time. I’m so happy I’m beside myself; I can’t wait for him to come home.

These are the birds Scotty and Krissy....uh duh!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the real Scot and Kristine (My daughter)

[​IMG]

This is Scot with his men in Iraq

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    Congratulations on the safe return and pretty chickens. The kids are a great looking couple and I'm sure that you're glad the family is together again.

3. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    O i am so happy to hear he is coming home safe....[​IMG]

4. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

glad to hear he's coming back, and those chickens are beautiful! Better keep them locked up tight! [​IMG]

5. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    great news!

Semper Fi!

6. cknmom

cknmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    I am so happy for you. I thank your family for their service.
    Monica

7. mommy9994

mommy9994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    central VA
    your Scotty bird looks just like my Jimmy! Glad the real one's comming home safely.

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. Tell him THANK YOU FOR GOING TO PROTECT OUR FREEDOM. My son came home in May but he is career military, He only had to spend 4 months over there, but he may have to go back, They are a beautiful couple,and I know your DD will be so happy. [​IMG] marrie

9. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    Wonderful news that he is on his way home. Make sure to thank him for all he has done for us! And beautiful chickens by the way.......

10. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Thats great news!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by