up to my eyeballs

purr

Songster
11 Years
Apr 30, 2008
east freetown, ma
hi,
I went blueberry picking today and got 10 lbs of berries so if anyone has any recipes for them I would love to try them.

I especially would like to make blueberry jam to put up for gifts. I'm going to go tomorrow and buy jars and lids.

So bring on the recipes,

Thank you

Terry

Just use the recipe in the box of Sure-Jell; I think it’s the best for jelly or jam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is my husband’s favorite syrup he puts it on everything. After is cools I pour it up into a glass syrup bottle that I got at WalMart and keep it in the frig. To serve I just pop the bottle in the microwave and warm it up.

BLUEBERRY SYRUP

3 c. blueberries
2/3 c. light corn syrup
Dash of salt

Put all ingredients in a blender, cover and run on "liquid" setting until smooth. Pour into a saucepan and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.

Serve warm over waffles, pancakes or ice cream.

Makes 3 1/2 cups. Can be chilled and reheated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These are the best muffins ever.
My Mom's Wonderful Muffins

2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup sliced almonds
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegetable oil
blueberries

Preheat oven to 400°
Combine flour, sugar, almonds, baking powder, and salt in a food processor and process until the almonds are ground into a fine meal.
Add the eggs, milk, vanilla and oil; process for 30 to 45 seconds or until the mixture is well combined.
Spoon into paper lined muffin cups; drop several blueberries on top of each muffin and poke them into the batter with your fingers.

Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.

Makes 1 1/2 dozen muffins.

Variations:
Combine:
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter
Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until the consistency of course cracker crumbs. Sprinkle mixture over muffins and bake as above.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Replace 1/2 the sugar with brown sugar and top with chocolate chips and bake as above.
Replace 1/2 the vanilla with strawberry extract and top with sliced strawberries, poke strawberries down into the batter with your finger and bake as above.
Increase sugar to 1-1/2 cups and add 3 ounces of melted baking chocolate; top with white chocolate chips and chopped pecans and bake as above.

In a saucepan over low heat melt 20 caramels with 3 tablespoons of milk, stir until smooth. Top muffins with chocolate chips, then spoon caramel sauce over the chips and top with chopped pecans. Bake as above.

AlmondFlourMuffins002.jpg

Thank you Betty I'll do that for the jam and I wish I had that syrup tonight cause I made blueberry pancakes.

I'll make it tomorrow and the muffins look delicious I'll be making them this week also.

Thanks again.DH loves muffins

Terry

wash some and freeze on cookie sheets slightly. bag in freezer bags and they store nicely for use later. ( i like to do them in recipe amounts so i can throw them in muffins, pancakes on ice cream yadda yadda)

blueberries...yum!

we're having b'berry pancakes tomorrow... now i want to make them early!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
We have always been told never to wash our blueberries before we freeze them because it toughens the skins.

# Freeze berries in freezer containers without washing to keep the skins from toughening. Place berries one layer deep. Freeze, then pour the frozen berries into freezer containers. Because unwashed blueberries freeze individually, they can be easily poured from containers in desired amounts. Remember both frozen and fresh berries should be rinsed and drained just before serving. Just before using, wash the berries in cold water.

http://www.pickyourown.org/blueberries.htm

Back
Top Bottom