1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

upcoming contests

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by chicklover16, Jun 17, 2011.

1. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
    when are we gonna have another art or coloring book contest? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  2. squeakyballs

squeakyballs Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    Quote:Coloring book contest?! That sounds awesome!

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Ya, the last one was a lot of fun (but also a lot of work since we had to rescan and cleanup a bunch of them). Maybe this time we can have better rules and requirements. Anybody have ideas and suggestions on ways to ensure we get quality images / scans?

4. squeakyballs

Feb 7, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    "If they aren't quality, then you get disqualified" (and show examples of each)?

5. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

We only use computers not actual media and e-mail, or send to the board the picture?

So it be a tech-coloring contest.

OR- or "submission will be judged exactly as it appears, sorry no exceptions... we recommend you read "how to scan an image for best quality" (Example link)"

6. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I would definately help out with another coloring book contest! I now know how to use a scanner and upload scanned pictures. I can also help sort the drawings into "acceptable" and "unacceptable." [​IMG]

7. Nifty-Chicken

Ok, I think we should do it! This time, I'd like to have 2-3 "project managers" in charge of this. Your jobs will be to help setup, run, manage, and judge/award the contest!

Shoot me a PM if you're interested and what you'd like to do and why you'd be a good Coloring Book Project Manager!

8. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
    AWSOME!!!!!!!!! when are we gonna do it?

9. Nifty-Chicken

As soon as we have qualified people to help run things we'll get closer to starting it.

10. squeakyballs

Feb 7, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    FINE I'll volunteer, but that totally ruins my plans to make a coloring page on butchering chickens (the kids would have loved it).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by