• Fowl Play

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • The Best Breed Contest 2

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

(chicken pun)

Songster
Nov 1, 2017
I've been feeling somewhat better about the death of Valentine due to the overwhelming support from the BYC community, so I'd like to announce that I might be hosting some events in the near future, so I'd love your opinions on my ideas.

The New Chick Festival:
This be an event that will happen once in spring and then again in summer where we show off the newest members of our flock to the world and possibly crown the chick with the most likes as festival star (for fun of course) however, the real focus is to show off your brand new beautiful baby chicks! (pullets, cockerels and other breeds of fowl such as ducks and turkey are also welcome!)

Fowl Play:
A quiz game where I put your fowl knowledge to the test! The first person to answer the question correctly wins a point! The person with the most points wins! If there is a tie, the two lucky players will have to answer one more question and the first one answer the question correctly wins!

And of course

The Best Breed Contest 2:
This is contest that has happen once before, and I plan on it making a comeback. If you didn't catch the first one, here's what it's all about. In this contest we put 4 chicken breeds to the test to find out which is the fan favorite, *however this one will be different. This contest's winner will have to go up against last contest's champion to decide if the champion breed will defend it's title or be overthrown by
the new breed!
*showing off chickens of your voting breed is not required but greatly appreciated

So what do you think? Again, I'd love to hear your opinions and don't forget the poll above!

Last edited:
I like the New Chick Festival, because though we will hatch chicks, we probably won't do it in line with Easter, so not Hatchalongs for me.

I like the Best Breed Contest 2, although the New Chick Festival is nice also but people that don’t get new chicks, but instead get pullets or just new chickens in general can’t really participate because the Festival is for new chicks and not new pullets, cockerels, hens, or roosters :(

I like the Best Breed Contest 2, although the New Chick Festival is nice also but people that don’t get new chicks, but instead get pullets or just new chickens in general can’t really participate because the Festival is for new chicks and not new pullets, cockerels, hens, or roosters :(
I understand. I haven't participated in any, but just don't want to participate in BB contests cause I am way too competitive. XD I would be getting chicks cause I hatch myself and I know @Fanci Feathers Marans and @Laodicia do too.

I understand. I haven't participated in any, but just don't want to participate in BB contests cause I am way too competitive. XD I would be getting chicks cause I hatch myself and I know @Fanci Feathers Marans and @Laodicia do too.
I’m getting chicks also but probably not until the end of May or later so by the time the contest is over I’ll have missed my chance. I’m getting 3 pullets at the end of March/beginning of April. I’m also super competitive :p

Back
Top Bottom