Updatad pics of the Chix Mix! PIC HEAVY!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickLover98, Aug 17, 2010.

1. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Hi! I'm ChickLover98. As you can see, I live in PA. Let me introduce you to my flock, the Chix Mix of PA!!!!

This is my alpha-hen Thalia. She is definately free-spirited. She randomly wanders away from the rest of the flock to go scratch for bugs on her own. She was the first layer of the group and we have just gotten a full-sized X-large egg from her! She is also bull-headed. She does not listen at all and when we go to put her in the coop for bed time, she comes right back out.
    [​IMG]

Here is little Chica. She was the second to lay. She is just a sweetie pie! She will let you pick her up and pet her. She has had problems with being egg-bound recently and we almost lost her. She sometimes does some pretty odd stuff, like climbing up to top of the stack of spare cages which is about eight feet up. That happened before she got egg-bound.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Time to meet Lil' Miss Flower. She is bad to the bone!!! She acts like a spoiled diva and always demands her own way. Besides Thalia, she is always last in at night. She stuck beside her best friend, our roo, Jasper from the day he came. She won't leave his side. Flower is very photogenic! She loves getting her picture taken! She was the third layer of the group.
    [​IMG]

This is Pheobe. There is not much to say about her because she is a little loner. She usually minds her own business and barely ever misbehaves. She is a pretty little girl and does'nt like her picture taken. She blends in with the crowd and always does the right thing. In the end I am praising her and Daist for being good little girls! She hasnt started laying yet.
    [​IMG]

And now this is Bianca. She does not enjoy being petted or held, although she is a good girl. She rarely misbehaves or causes fights. She is a loner like Pheobe and Daisy. Those three are like a little group that sticks together and forever. They sleep on the roost together at night while the other three hens sleep with Jasper on the henboxes. She hasnt started laying yet either.
    [​IMG]

Here is ,the last hen but not least, Daisy. She is the goodest good girl of the troop. She always does the right thing and NEVER misbehaves. When the rest of the flock runs toward my sister's garden, Daisy stays behind at the coop. She allowes everyone else to do what they want before she does what she wants. Although she does get pushed around a lot, she is a sweetie. She isnt laying yet, either.
    [​IMG]

And here's my big boy Jasper! We rescued him from our neighbor, who has four other bigger roos. Jasper was getting pushed around. He adapted to the Chix Mix in under 48 hours! He is a sweetie to the hens and allows them to eat what they want before he eats. Although he was used to free ranging, he stays in our yard, dust bathing and crowing. By the way, don't you just love it when a big old roo crams himself in a henbox to make a nest for the hens???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A favorite Chicken Sport: Dust Bathing!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy this! Please comment!!!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  2. ChickLover98

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    BTW, let me know what you think of them!!! I bet they would sure love your comments!! (especially the good ones!)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2010
  3. ChickLover98

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Please comment! As usual... My posts NEVER get any responses!!!!!!!!!!

4. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    You Have WAY to Many threads .

5. CrazyAnimalGirl

CrazyAnimalGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2010
    West of Atl, Ga
    They look like a pretty darn cute family. Do you ever give the Chix Mix Chex Mix?

6. ChickLover98

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Haha. Yes, I give the chix mix chex mix! They love it! BTW I didnt know that there was a limit on how many threads you are allowed to have. I think I might delete my current account and start over...

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:There is no limit on the number of threads that you can have, but when you post and repost basically the same thing over and over it's not a good idea.

8. FlockMama

FlockMama ChickyBawkyChickChick

Mar 11, 2009
    Washington State
    I've never seen your girls and they look great to me! Pretty flock you have there. [​IMG]

9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    That poor rooster needs immediate treatment for scaly leg mites. If you didn't quarantine him, as advised in the thread below, then you need to treat the entire flock.

He's a beautiful mixed breed rooster, take care of him. [​IMG] All of the hens are very pretty!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12751

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Per BYC rules, please no bumping your own threads. [​IMG] Thanks.

6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by