Update - 15.5 weeks old

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SEHchicks, Sep 5, 2014.

1. SEHchicks

SEHchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2014
    San Marcos, CA
    Our flock of 4, 2 RIR (or Production Red), 1 BO, and 1 Australorp are getting close to 16 weeks old, and just yesterday, I heard an alarming sounds almost like a cocka.... it was quite short but pretty loud, and I think it was from Heaven, the Australorp. Though I am also worried about Red, with her new tail feathers seems to be turning downwards...(last picture, front left). so now I start to worry again if we have any roos...

Here are the current pictures of them - please let me know what you think.

Thanks!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    All of them look like pullets to me!

1 person likes this.
  3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    They all appear to be pullets.

1 person likes this.
  4. bekahubbell

bekahubbell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2014
    Alpine, CA
    They all look like pullets. They might just be finding their voices. My RIR is extremely vocal, she hasn't even laid her first egg yet. My EE is just starting to find her voice, little by little she is making more noises.

1 person likes this.
  5. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    X 2 -

1 person likes this.
  6. SEHchicks

SEHchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2014
    San Marcos, CA
    Thank you guys/gals!

I have to stop worrying, they are all our dear girls and we would have many wonderful years with them! I am trying to be patient to wait for our first egg, not sure how long that's going to take us... somedays I see very red comb from time to time, but they seem to fade after a while...

Cheers!

7. bekahubbell

bekahubbell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2014
    Alpine, CA
    I know how you feel about waiting for the first egg. These are my first chickens ever and am patiently waiting on that first egg. My RIR is 24 weeks, EE is 20 weeks both look ready but nothing. Its so frustrating. My Polish is the oldest but I don't expect her to lay for like a year, she is just fun to look at. Good luck! Hopefully that first egg will come soon!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by