*UPDATE 1st Post * URGENT Prayer Request For My 65 year old Mother

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Mourningdove, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    My mom is in need of all the prayers and good thoughts she can get.
    She has been in the hospital since Monday due to her emphazema and her failing health. Long story --- she has been going on 4 hrs of sleep everyday for the past 48 years due to my handicapped sister and then it was compounded with my dying fathers illness. She has had open heart surgory, asthma, chronic bronchitis, she is still needing surgory for artarie blockages & cateracts in both eyes.
    She was in the hospital for phnomina over 3 weeks ago and sent home and has not recovered. So this is why she was taken to a different hospital this time. Now her emphazema is in what they call the final stages and they were/are talking life support if she doesn't improve, while there they have run every test you can think of to thoroughly be able to treat her. They have found a very nasty bacteria in her system called klebsiella this bacteria can be deadly. Now to top it all off all of this is being compounded by her weakend immune system and the fact she weighs 92 lbs and barely eats.
    She is on breathing treatments and an aggressive round of antibiotics. So please include mom in your prayers??? Her name is Mazie! Thank you!

It's always amazing to me just how much the power of prayer can be! My mom has made a fantastic recovery!!!! The doctors at the hospital in Chattanooga sure know what they are doing! When she went into the hospital the talk of life support was high, she never went on life support thank god! God put his hand on her and made the bacteria vanish, has her breathing better with her oxyegen and she has went home!!! I am also happy to report that my 92 lb mother is starting to eat and gain her color back! She will still need prayer to continue get better as she has a long way to go! Thank you to all of you who answered my plea and have prayed for mom, Our prayers have been answered!!1st

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
  2. CrzyChknLdy

CrzyChknLdy Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2009
    Utah
    I am including your Mom and you in my prayers.

Take care

Kim

3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Aw...very compounded indeed. So many things to ask up in prayers.

Dear Heavenly Father,
    We thank You for this day and we come here now and gather in Your name to ask for Your hand in Maize's life, as well as the father's, and the sisters lives....so they may be comforted in their days...to be warmed by love as one is from the sun...and that thier family and loved ones may have peace in these times within Your Grace, all be it in Jesus' name, Amen.

Love in Christ,
    gretchen

4. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Prayers sent.

5. Missouri Maiden

Missouri Maiden Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Southwest Missouri
    I'll pray for her.
    Hope she gets better [​IMG]
    God Bless!

6. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    It's by His wounds we are healed. Trust in Him, and all will work out according to Plan.

Prayer said. [​IMG]

7. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

prayer sent

8. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Prayers being sent.

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] sending my best wishes..

10. justabitdotty

justabitdotty Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2009
    My family and I are praying--may I put her on our church's prayer list as well?

Holding you before our Father,
    Dot

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by