Update 4/25, we have lots of babies!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by marie_martin, Apr 22, 2008.

1. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I just took out the turner and added water. Wish me luck. Jaynie, I hope I get a few to hatch and get a male (not all males, just one) And Sebrightlover, the cochins are looking good and so are Frank's seramas. There are still 5 under one broody hen and then 7 in here. Will keep you posted.

Marie

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  2. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

GOOD LUCK MARIE..

FRANK

3. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    Oooh. I want some Seramas! Saw some pics in a magazine.They are cool

4. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Thanks Frank. Today is day 19 (Wed.) so keep your fingers crossed. I will update when I have any news. If you want Serama, Frank is your man!!!!

Marie

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  5. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    UPDATE! I have one Serama (JS initials) and one Buff Sizzle egg that have pipped so far. Today is only day 20, so hopefully lots more to go. None under the broody have pipped yet.

Will update later.

Marie

6. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Got home from the ball field and there is a black and white ? serama running around in the bator. Looks great. Very cute. Several more pips too. One buff frizzle silkie about out too. Just wanted to update. Frank the egg had JS on it I think? I lost your list, will have to look for it to see what that means. Have one that says tan/black that is pipped and one that is an F I think that is pipped. One cochin too sebrightlover (swap eggs). The buff is from jaynie in AL and have some of her faverolles in there too, but no pips yet. Keep your fingers crossed.

Marie

7. tntstanifer

tntstanifer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2007
    Tennessee
    No sleep for you tonight! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I just hatched 3 Serama from Frank. They are the cutest! Post pics soon [​IMG]

8. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Marie, How great on the Buff Sizzle/Silkie. I am anxiously waiting for updates on the Faverolles.

9. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    So exciting! [​IMG] Let us know if you have anymore this morning. [​IMG]

10. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Well, not so great on the faverolles. I only have one and no further pips. I have had many cochins and serama hatch though. I checked the broody and was curious as to why her eggs had no pips (serama) so I candled. No movement that I could see. So I have them in the bator to finish and gave her 3 of the dried off serama chicks. I have several more cochins coming out but not out yet. The faverolle was a bit bloody but so far so good. I will keep you posted. Jaynie, if I get one fave this time again, I will just cry. Are they hard for anyone else to hatch or is it just me? Anyway, thanks for the support.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by