**Update** 4 chicks!

embkm

Songster
11 Years
Jan 16, 2009
Colbert, Ga
The waiting is killing me! Day 21 started at 11 am... it's now 11:20 pm and nothing yet! No pips, no rocking, no chirping noises... just my silly dog acting up yesterday (she's back to normal today).

Does this get any easier the more you hatch? I've been calm all this time, until today. Now I'm worried and freaking out... what if something happened and they all died? And I can't check until they are 3 days late? Oh, I'm going to end up bald from ripping out all my hair!
barnie.gif

Last edited:
pop.gif

wishing you MUCH patience. This is rougher than going through labor (3X). We just finished our first hatch this weekend. It was an OK hatch, but I had to strap the seatbelt for the wild emotional roller coaster.
barnie.gif

Hang in there.
fl.gif

My last hatch came early on day 19, my current hatch is now going into day 20, tomorrow at 12.00pm will go into day 21. I have a feeling these will be a day or two late. Yours may be too.

If you need a hand to hold private message with me

Last edited:
oops just got my first pip, I looked in the bator as I was writing you. Did you shine a flashlight inside the bator and look closely at the shells for small cracks? some are very faint, I always do that to see if there is anything there.

Go shopping, catch a movie, clean house, go outside and play, cook something fabulous, take a drive, something, anything to keep yourself occupied!
smile.png
Looking through that little bator window will drive you crazy. Just let them do what they do.

Good luck! - - and maybe put on a cap to keep yourself from tearing your hair.
wink.png

Last edited:
Day 22 started about 2 hours ago... still nothing
rant.gif

The brooder is all ready and looking lonely and empty, so I decided to go to TSC and get a few chicks to help me practice for my chickies.
wink.png
Drove all the way there, and they didn't get their shipment AGAIN!
barnie.gif

I'm supposed to pick up chicks at my local feed store later.
fl.gif
I told my girls they could each pick a few chicks. Hope they still have some by the time I get there.

It's the not knowing that is killing me. If I knew were ok, I'd be ok... instead of worrying about them making it! I don't know if I can do this again... the last few days have been so stressfull.

It figures! I've been checking the silly bator evey 20 minutes for 3 days... DH just wanders over and peers in for the 1st time all week... and there's a pip! 10 minutes later, a second one pips!
wee.gif

LOL Now I have to go to bed (yeah right) but I have 4H classes all day tomorrow so I need some sleep. Maybe I'll have babies by morning.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom