UPDATE: 7 eggs: 3 hatched so far -- due at 3AM on 12/31! PICS pg 6&7!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kryptoniteqhs, Dec 30, 2008.

1. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    My very first hatch and Im sitting here on my laptop on my bed and about 5-10 feet away from the incubator and I heard peeping!!!! It took me about a minute to figure out what it was, but then I realized and I go over there and its rocking!!! At first I thought one of my 2 and half week old dellie somehow climbed 2 flights of stairs and got in my room under my dresser! I think it may have pipped too. Theres a teeny weeny little gray spot on it that looks like it may be the membrane? I sure hope so!! thid would be a quick tough little guy if it went from rocking to pipping immediately dont u think? I could be way off I dont know, but Im really too excited to care how stupid my accusations are!!! They are due at about 3am on the 31st! Im so excited! I also hope its not bad that its the only one doing this!! I have been watching for rocking all night and it just started any may have already pipped? Do you think it may hatch by morning? I dont think so but im thinking possibly tomorrow during the day or afternoon?? woo hoo!! I did something right!!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  2. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I love it when they peep at you. If you tap on the glass and peep at him he'll peep back.

Some peep some rock some don't do anything at all. But it's always exciting to see what pops out.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good luck for a great hatch.[​IMG]

3. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Good luck! [​IMG] and good job! [​IMG]

4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    CONGRATS [​IMG]

It's so much fun to hear them peeping !!

Sounds like you will have chicks soon !!

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Wonderful! Now I'm sitting here staring across the office saying Oh Boy!!! Only 20 more days!! LOL

6. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    it sooo darn cute! i can tell its saying CAN YOU PWEESE PWEESE GET ME OUTTA HERE?? PWEESE?? I want to hold it!! lol i cant wait till it gets out...its got a little crack now, but not near what I thought was the membrane...so i dont know....im so excited tho!!!!! Theres a few more rockers in there now!!! There supposed to hatch tonight--well tomorrow at 3AM if none have really pipped yet do you think theyll be late??

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  7. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    COME ON PEOPLES!!! Im excited!! TALK TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!

8. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    LOL..... Could be anytime now !! some pip and hatch fast some like to take there time. The more you want them to come out the slower they do it [​IMG]

keep sitting on your hands [​IMG]

9. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    lol its been rockin since last night!! tell them to hurry!!!!!! and everyone should send me good hatching vibes and prayers!!!

10. Felicitas

Felicitas Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey, good hatching vibes to you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by