UPDATE 9-1: NEW Pix of my New Girls!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by pawsplus, Jul 26, 2011.

1. pawsplus

pawsplus Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    Middle TN
    I posted a few pix over in the "what is my gender" forum, and everyone thinks they ARE girls (YAY! Didn't want to have to leave one behind now that I've gotten fond of them!) so I figured I'd post some pix here and I can add to it as they grow.

Right now Audrey and Bianca are living w/ a client of mine who raises chickens. I picked them out and they will stay at her place until I get back from vacation. They'll be around 9 weeks old then. Then they'll come home w/ me and go into quarantine for 30 days. That will suck for them, but I got a HUGE dog crate so they can be outside during the day (and in my guest room in a smaller crate at night). And at least they'll have each other!

They were fostered out to someone w/ kids for the first 3 weeks, so they are more used to being handled than my client's other chickens. They relax when you pick them up, and don't seem to mind lap-sitting (until they get bored). I'll have their quarantine period to bond with them.

AUDREY (Australorp mom X Aracana dad). I love her shiny black feathers and the pretty red on her chest (from red daddy).

A week ago:

[​IMG]

And this past Saturday when I visited the girls with treats:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BIANCA (Brahma mom and RIR dad).

A week ago:

[​IMG]

This past Saturday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm a Happy Chicken Mom! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Awww they are adorable [​IMG] [​IMG] It's nice that they get to stay there while you go on vacation too [​IMG] Have a great vacation!!

3. babygirl5719

babygirl5719 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Kansas City
    absolutely adorable!

4. pawsplus

Dec 18, 2008
    Middle TN
    UPDATE:

So Audrey and Bianca came home last Saturday. [​IMG] Per the fecal I had run, they have coccidia (see my post in the health forum) but they have no diarrhea and seem very healthy. Audrey is practically cuddly! She comes up to me, doesn't try to get away when I pick her up, and sits happily on my lap when I pet her. Bianca is a little more feisty. ;-) But she'll get used to me in time.

I decided to NOT put their quarantine cage outdoors on the grass as I had planned. Just too much risk of something going wrong whilel I'm at work. So during the day they are in their HUGE dog crate (48"x36") on my screened porch. In the evening they are in a smaller crate in my guest bedroom.

Here they are in their mongo crate:

[​IMG]

And here they are scarfing up their a.m. treat of BOSS and dried mealworms. Bianca is the white one and Audrey is black.

[​IMG]

And here's a short video of them. [​IMG]

5. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    [​IMG]

6. pawsplus

Dec 18, 2008
    Middle TN
    UPDATE: New pix! The girls are about 10-11 weeks old now.

Audrey is actually much smaller than Bianca, but she kept pushing to the front so that's not very clear here!

Some of Audrey (Araucana X Australorp):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of Bianca (Brahma X RIR):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some of both:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's some video from this a.m.:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  7. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Audrey is a most interesting mix! I'm looking forward to hearing more and seeing more pix in the next few weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by