Update about my chickies and all. PICTURES!

secuono

Crowing
13 Years
May 29, 2010
Virginia
Alright. My Jap Roo is back up roosting in his spot, his 5 hens are doing great.
The two Silkies, Queenie & Foxie seem to be doing well too.

I bought them scratch and gave them some yesterday and today. Put the 20lbs metal feeder into a shallow wood drawer and it's keeping in the food nicely.
Cleaned out all the old food, shavings and poo, you can see the floor again, lol.
Put a latch on their little door, but they still are not sure about going out.

Anyway to encourage them to come back out?

The 3 Silkie chicks in the house are growing, gave them some scratch, too. Thinking of making a little pen for them so I can take them out on a sunny, windless day for a little.

Eggs in bator are, well, still in the bator, lol. So many eggs, hoping something hatches!

Looking for someone to get some chicks from Welp or Ideal in a few weeks.
Hoping to pick up a few chicks this week, guess the hatchery deal is waiting on this.

The chicken-killer has a kennel now. It's all made of 4ft 2x3in horse fencing. Used an old metal window for the dog door. 15ft long by 4x4.

I think tomorrow I will be taking pictures of the individual birds to share. ^.^

bator.jpg

brooder.jpg

kennel.jpg

Last edited:
Well, you might try going in the coop and hanging out with them. Then walk out with some scratch trailing along the way...then just hang with them outside, with the coop door left open.
Just an idea... Good luck!

Chickens are well...chickens! Their survival depends on being suspicious of wide open or new places. Once they feel comfortable enough one will come out and the others will follow.

The Japs were outside when I was gone, guess anything freaks them right now.

Bantam Brahma, Serama, White Silkie, Blue/Black/Splash Silkie, Unknown Color Silkie and Black Japanese eggs.

Got 16 new chicks!
1 each of; Barded Rock Bantam, White Cochin, Blue Cochin, Partridge Frizzle, White Sissle, Black Cochin, Partridge Cochin.
4 Dutch Bantams.
5 Buff Welsummers.
12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

4-1.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

1-1.jpg

JAPS.jpg

16.jpg

Last edited:
I hung the heat lamp in their cage, they were piled on top of each other.
My 2 big Silkies were not happy with the lamp move. They went over to sleep next to the cage, lol.

lol, like they are even chatchable...

Run away Roo is alive! yay. Saw him at the corner of the yard with the doberman, just chilling.....neighbor lied....

My stupid flashlight died the other day...I just got it too. New batteries didn't help...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom