Update!!!! Babieessss

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KalikoFarms, Aug 16, 2011.

1. KalikoFarms

KalikoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    I am so excited I feel silly!!!!! I have had 3 of the cuuuuttteeessssttt blue polish crested hatch and my very 1st most beautiful white silkey babie. And there are more pipping and I need to go to bed and get sleep for a doctors appointment but I cant.....Am I the only one that gets this silly when it comes to the babies. I think this almost tops watching the poodles give birth. Isnt GOD [email protected]!!!!!!!!!

2. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    LOL My oldest thinks I have OCD [​IMG] due to the very same reasons you posted! I love it!
    Ayda

3. mathesonfarm

mathesonfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2010
    New York
    Yes, God Is AMAZING! And, no, you are not the only one that gets like this, lol. I have surgery tomorrow and at this rate, Im not going to sleep very much tonight! I actually dropped an egg while I was taking it out of the turners to put into lockdown and cracked it! I was so upset but I sealed the crack with some wax AND IT JUST PIPPED about 30-40 minutes ago! I am so releaved that I didnt kill it! BTW, Congrats on your babies!

4. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    My bator just got here today, and the duck eggs come next week. I cant wait!

5. djennings

djennings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2011
    Sabine Pass, TX.
    My DH told me to take my blue silkies babies from the mom so she would start laying more eggs to incubate! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. bowbreaker's wife

bowbreaker's wife New Egg

Aug 17, 2011
    [​IMG] Oh, I see your not the only one and I am excited too. Congrats on your peeps. We had a broody hen who collecte the other hens eggs and sat on them. Sh wouldn't quit so we decided to let her go ahead and sit on some. One hatched this morning. I saw it on my lunch break and I didn't want to go back to work. I got so excited to see if there were anymore when I got home. Right now we still only have one. I think a couple more may be working an getting here.

7. rsepiphyte

rsepiphyte Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2008
    Ky.
    Congrats on the newest additions! I love the Polish. You must post pictures when you can! Ruth

8. KalikoFarms

KalikoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    Well that hatch is over and we only got 4 crested out of 17 and 3 silkies out of 11. Not a very good hatch rate but at least I have my babies. I will be posting pictures soon. Keep your fingers crossed one more hatch of silkies are due tomorrow, been in lock down today and yesterday nothing happening. 14 silkies there. I want more silkies......LOL I am officialy addicted.
    Rita

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by