UPDATE!! Blind Tiny moved into her Townhouse!! **LOTSA PICS**

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Southern28Chick, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    This is Tiny. Tiny is blind and is tired of being pecked by her peers, so Tiny gets a condo of her own.

Tiny:
    [​IMG]

The floor is in:
    [​IMG]

A window into the big house to hear the others at night:
    [​IMG]

Get out of Tiny's house:
    [​IMG]

DH working hard for his Tiny girl:
    [​IMG]

It's almost done:
    [​IMG]

I will post some more pics when it's all done!!! Please let me know what y'all think!!!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  2. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    aww it coming around nicly,im loking fowade to see the finsh.. [​IMG]

3. GoodEgg

GoodEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    NW Florida
    That's very nice. I'm sure she'll enjoy being protected from the bullies, but still being able to hear everyone at night. That's a great idea. [​IMG] Tiny's a lucky chicken!

trish

4. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:Thanks Trish....my name's Trisha. I just thought I'd say that because I don't know many other Trisha's. Tiny is very loved. As you can see from the mansion DH is building her.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  5. GoodEgg

GoodEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    NW Florida
    You're right, I don't meet many trish's or trisha's.

My grandpa used to call me "trisher"

Hehe, and yes, Tiny seems very loved. It's a great little annex for her. [​IMG] Speaking of which, you need a cool name for it. I wish I were clever at thinking up things like that so I could suggest one for you, but I'm not very good at it. But it needs a cute name, for your special girl.

Nice to meet you!

trish

6. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    My grandpa used to call me "trisher"

That's soooooooooo funny!!! Most people over the age of 70 call me Trisher. I've been called Trisha, Trish, Trisher, and my sister used to call me Tricka (when she was a baby).

I do need to come up with a cute little name for the cute little chicken condo. Maybe I'll come up with something.

I was wandering...should I put a couple other (nicer) pullets in with her? The condo's big enough for 4 or 5 girls.​

7. urbanhomesteader

urbanhomesteader Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2007
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Hi Southern28Chick,
    The "condo" is looking good so far. Tiny is going to love it, I am sure. I would definetly put a couple of girls in there with her so she can snuggle with them at night.

As for names how about "Tiny's Townhouse"?[​IMG]

8. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    When I was in college I was in a play with two trish's in it, I think trish's somehow congregate into one place [​IMG]
    Your little condo looks great!
    How did Tiny become blind and how does she do with that?

9. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:Tiny was born blind. She almost didn't make it as a baby because she couldn't find the food or water. She's 11 weeks old now and doing great. She just gets pecked to much.

As for names how about "Tiny's Townhouse"?

I LOVE IT. Tiny's Townhouse it is!!!​

10. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

What a great thing you are doing for your little "special needs" hen. Not many people would go through such great length to keep her safe and happy. I would definately put a friend or 2 in there with her. She will need a "cuddle buddy" Great job!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by