Update! Button Eggs in the Hatcher-Fluffy pics

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by coffeemama, May 2, 2008.

1. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    After a horrible day trying to regulate my temps and humidity in my hatcher, I finally got my 4 button quail eggs in there. It's still jumping around a bit, so I hope I can get it evened out before bed. Wish me luck!

Update: 1 baby was out this morning, mostly dry and fluffy. Here is a photo, and look how tiny it is on the accurite therm.!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2008
  2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Good luck! If they don't hatch right on time, though, leave them there. Mine started hatching on Monday, and didn't stop until Saturday. I had a lot of eggs in there, but had some 'bator problems too. Only got 15, but they were still going after I thought they were done. Don't give up on them until you've had 3-4 days of inactivity after the due date.
    Of course, having said all this, I'm assuming this is your first time hatching Buttons...?[​IMG] If not, then you already know all that! [​IMG]

[​IMG] For all 4 babies!!!

3. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Louisiana
    Good luck Coffee ... let me know how they make out.

Gate

4. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    It' is my first time hatching buttons, but after trying chickens before, I know to wait a bit after hatch date. I had them in my hova 1588, so they did great the first part of incubation. I had to move them to my LG (which I hate) for hatching because I have staggered chicken eggs in my hova. I've got the temps and humidity pretty stable in there today, so I'm hoping for the best! I know they were growing-last week one rolled out of the turner and got completely crushed, and there was a moving embryo inside. [​IMG]

5. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    I think I have another pip or two Yay!

6. nicks chicks 1

nicks chicks 1 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2008
    missouri
    congrats coffie! [​IMG] love the pic so cute!!!!

7. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Yup!!! That's a button! Cute as one, anyway! [​IMG] Now just sit back and watch the action... They should start just a pipping away any time now! LOL!

Gads, they're cute. I almost wish they'd stay that small. Mine are nearly full grown at just two weeks! :eek:

8. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You need to stop posting those kinds of photos. Seriously. What's up with that?

Don't you know that I do not need any reason to hatch button quail eggs?!?! [​IMG]

9. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    [​IMG]

There is no reason to hatch them at all except for the pure joy of witnessing it, and caring for these little darlings...

[​IMG]

10. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

coffegirl can you elaborate on why you hate the little giant bator? Just curious since I bought a hovabator today online but my husband came home with an LG from the feed store today. I plan to return it since I just ordered one online already.
    I had debated on an electronic hovabotor that I saw online but I don't know enough about them.
    Maybe if I need a second one I will give it a try.
    I ready someone on this board uses the LG for a hatcher, maybe that is an option too, I could keep the other one for a hatcher and the 1588 for my bator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by