UPDATE: Crested Polish Chicks *No Pics Yet*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Polish Chickens, May 10, 2009.

1. Polish Chickens

Polish Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    Houston
    I recently fed my chicks unflavored ramen noodles and every time I put their meal in their brooder they just go crazy. Also I've noticed on the rear end of some have started to grow tail feathers. I'm wondering if giving them unflavored ramen noodles are good for my chicks to eat

PS: I haven't gotten around to uploading and posting pics of my chickies yet

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  2. aidenbaby

aidenbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    I probably wouldn't give it to them all the time but as a treat it's probably okay. I like to give mine leftover whole grain noodles from spaghetti.

3. Polish Chickens

Polish Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    Houston
    The only thing that I don't have is their actual feed which is why I give them their unflavored ramen noodle meal since I haven't got around to buying their actual feed at a fed store and I'm also worried when they've grown a bit older one of my neighbors has a small dog which will probably bother my chickies once I've moved them outside and I have another neighbor that I truely don't trust as they have children and which they might get one of my chickies and would probably eat them. Both of these neighbors are mexicans as for the one that I just don't trust

4. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    They cannot get proper nutrition from ramen noodles, they really need to have actual feed to thrive. You should get some chick starter for them asap. As long as they're in a secure pen, the dog won't be a problem.

5. Maryallison

Maryallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    Well....we all like ramen noodles, but they aren't really good for us...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by