UPDATE ~ Day 24 ~ 3 are still not pipping ~ WHAT DO I DO????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CK Chickadilly, Feb 22, 2009.

1. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    How long should I wait for these to hatch? I candled towards the end & all were alive other than 1 was a bit questionable.

What should I do???? Should I wait a couple more days or do you think they quit right at the end???? [​IMG] Thanks

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  2. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    DO NOT OPEN THE BATOR, they will hatch on there own, just give it time. what has your temp been at? and humidty? it can take up to 24 days sometimes, if the temp was off just alittle.

3. pefferlawchicken

pefferlawchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    yea thats what i want to know to my egg is day 21 and nothing is still not happening

4. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    my eggs didnt hatch till day 22 and day 23. I have had some hatch on day 26 if you are unsure wait a day or so.

5. CK Chickadilly

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Ok, I will wait some more days. Towards the end the temp dropped a tad & I don't know why. Thanks All!

6. CK Chickadilly

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    The 3 eggs are at day 24 with no signs of pipping....what should I do? Wait a couple more days? or figure they just didn't make it???

Thanks~

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Take them out and candle them for movement.

8. hooksetz

hooksetz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Yes, definately candle them. If they're still alive, leave 'em be. If not, toss and start over. Every egg does not always hatch, I wish they did but for whatever reason they just don't.

9. CK Chickadilly

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Ok, going to candle, I can't stand waiting around...lol I am sure they are dead. [​IMG] Will report back as soon as they are candled.

10. CK Chickadilly

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    They were all dead. 2 looked like they just about made it & the other 1 that was suspicious quit maybe halfway thru.

Thanks everyone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by