Update. DH just called.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by annaraven, Jan 27, 2011.

1. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    DH is usually home an hour ago. He always calls before he leaves if he left late, so I don't worry. Why isn't he home yet? Where is he?

I don't know what to do. I checked traffic.com and there's no reports of accidents along his route. I don't know what else to do.

Help me stay calm til he gets home pleaes?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  2. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    So I'm just sitting by the kitchen window, watching for him to drive up. And reading silly posts on BYC until then to distract me.

3. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Awwww... [​IMG] I'm sure he's okay and just did something stupid like accidentally had a conversation with some old friend at the gas station or something and it just couldn't stop... happened to my man once when he was THREE hours late getting home. (and yes, it really DID happen, lol)

4. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    You're right. He probably got stopped by a colleague wiht a really really fascinating problem at work on his way out and just lost track of the time. thx.

5. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    How are the roads where you are? I mean, snow covered?

6. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    I am praying a sense of calm over you... It will be okay... turn on the set or find the egg for sale thread.. and just daydream.... It will be okay.

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    When he gets home, make a family decision to buy him a cell phone. I was reluctant to get one (really old fashioned:old) but am now glad that I have it. If anything comes up I can tell her where I am and when I'll be home. My wife is a worrier too.

8. MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2011
    Colorado Plains
    He might have gotten distracted and forgotten to call. Or got caught by a colleague or boss and couldn't stop an important conversation to let you know he's running late. Can you text him?

9. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Quote:Haha if you get my boy started about engines.... I won't see him until he smells dinner.

10. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

My wife used to be a worrier, but after many years together, she expects me..... when I get there. Relax, he'll show up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by