Update: Filly is coming home! Yay!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Coco, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Coco

Coco Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2008
    Well, our little 4 mo old filly (and mama) are coming home from the Vet's this weekend...she will have been there for about 2 1/2 weeks. Wow. And after a lot of medical attention and special care, they were able to save her little eye! YAY!

Unfortunately, the Vet bill is going to be HUGE...but let's not think about that right now!

I just wanted to share the good news w/everyone!

(By the way if you have no idea what I'm talking about, I had posted about her a couple weeks ago...she had the worst eye puncture our Vet had ever seen and he was doubtful she'd be able to keep her eye at all)

2. crittermom

crittermom New Egg

Aug 13, 2008
    Yay! I'm so glad your family is back together! Be Well! [​IMG] Hope the bills won't be too painful! Glad they were able to save the eye!

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Very good! [​IMG] That's great news that she will be coming home and healed too! Well, at least save her eye anyways. [​IMG]

4. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Yay! I am so happy for you and the filly and good job to the vet for saving her eye! Sorry bout the vet bill, hope it's not too bad [​IMG]

5. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Oh Yay!! I am so glad they could safe her little eye!! That is awesome!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by