Update from Grillmaster33!!!

Grillmaster33

Songster
11 Years
Apr 18, 2008
Triad, NC
It's been a while since I've posted on here. I must thank everyone who read along with me as I hatched chicken eggs in my classroom, and for the very first time! You may even remember my Youtube video: Homemade Incubator, which can be found among the dozens of other videos at http://www.youtube.com/grillmaster33

Well, if you recall, the first time around on Day 21, we had one "Lone Ranger" who didn't make it after pipping the shell. We tried again. And of our 13 fertile eggs, 11 hatched. One died on day one. And 10 beautiful baby chicks became classroom pets for my sixth graders.

Of course they grew and were given away to a farmer who was new to chicken raising. Of my 10 chicks, 8 are still alive, and it has turned out that all 8 are ROOSTERS! The other two were killed in the coop (pecked to death I believe) and both were bantam hens.

AH well. It's a new school year, and I am very excited about trying this thing again some day soon.
I hope you are there for the ride!
-Grill

Wow...i bet the kids loved that! I am currently working in IT, but want to become a science teacher! I love kids (mine are teenagers now) and anything to do with science so its a perfect fit.

Have fun with the kids this year!
thumbsup.gif

~Rebecca

Hey Grill!

Good to see you. I remember following your threads last year. I loved the vids.
smile.png

You did a great job of taking us all with you through all the ups and downs.

-Looking forward to the ride this year.

Cham

Back
Top Bottom