update I cleaned, now I can't find . . . FOUND THE MOVIES!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jtbrown, Nov 2, 2011.

1. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    My kitchen got the best of me, it got sooo cluttered on the countertops I couldn't stand it. I tore through it on my day off, so now the countertops clean, egg cartons organized on top of the fridge, school papers of the kids' tucked in to place, it looks awesome.[​IMG]

Then the phone call while I'm at work "where are those two movies you bought that the kids weren't allowed to watch over the weekend?"
    They are 5 and 6 and having "one of those days" so I took the new movies we bought for movie night and put them on a pile on the counter BEFORE I CLEANED!!! They aren't bad kids but they were being obnoxious so I took movie night away and said we'll see when you can behave enough for them. Grade cards came out, so my husband ordered a pizza (grades were good) and said we can watch a movie tonight while mom is at work.

Now they are gone, I remember putting them together, but where [​IMG]. [​IMG]

Ever done that?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  2. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Where do you usually put random objects like them? Where did you walk while you were holding them? Is there a chance you set them down somewhere on your way to wherever you were walking?

[​IMG] I sympathize. So often people will say, "Evelyn, where did you put xxxx?"
    "Uhhhhh..... I know I put it 'away'.... [​IMG] "

3. EggsForIHOP

EggsForIHOP Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    TEXAS
    THAT IS THE STORY OF MY LIFE!

Even before we moved...I preferred to think of my housekeeping skills as "methodical chaos" - it LOOKED like a hot mess, but was relatively dust free and I KNEW where everything was!

Since we moved back in August - it's worse! I mean, I was the one who packed every box, I even labeled a few! You would think I would at least know where I stuck what...but nnnooooo...can't find a thing! And I still am only MAYBE 50% unpacked! That's being generous with it! Worse yet, I have found when I get something like the bathroom all unpacked and organized I either discover a week later I can't find the tweezers because I put them away from myself or it's become all disorganized and cluttery again in the hunt for said tweezers and I still have a splinter stuck in my hand and no tweezers to be found! [​IMG]

The only time I could EVER find anything was when I maintained my methodical chaos - stack of this over here, counter covered in what seemed like clutter and stacks of mail over there and really was my own sophisticated filing system...heaven forbid I clean to a normal persons standards - I would be lost for days! As of now, our new home is still uncluttered and somewhat empty - because everything is still in boxes in the shed. But as I unpack (which is solely based on need now - if I find I NEED something I KNOW is packed, I unpack until I discover it then I give up for a while) I see my system already taking life and I let out a small sigh of relief as the mail pile on the counter comes back to life, or the stack of things I mean to work on grows again in my craft area [​IMG] It's like I NEED to be able to see things to remember what I am doing or intend to be accomplishing...if my "goals" aren't strewn about the house here and there to keep me focus, I'm lost [​IMG]

I don't know how organized people maintain all that neatness! It just confuses me! Good luck remembering where those movies are...it would take me DAYS to figure it out! And congrats on good grades! That's always exciting to see!

4. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    I checked the laundry room thinking I carried them downstairs. I checked the basement out, computer, cupboards. Clueless . . I hope I wake up in the middle of the night with an ah ha!

5. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Hehehe...

My mother is the one who misplaces things usually... and she will ask me where she put things when I wasn't present [​IMG]

I think I learned from her a bit though... I give everything a "place" in my mind from the start, and keep the habit of putting it in it's place..... most of the time [​IMG]

I keep telling mom though... when I have a seperate kitchen, everything is going to live on the counters [​IMG] Thats the only way I can find things in my room LOLOL

6. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
  7. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I just found some spoons I have been looking for. I've looked for them every since we move 11 years ago. I had wondered what happened to several things that were in that box.

8. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    Quote:I'm the same way. My room may look messy to the normal person's eye, but I know where everything is. I cleaned about a month ago and still cannot find my blow dryer.

9. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Just another reason I never clean my house. [​IMG]

10. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I read this last night and made me remember I had 5 VHS movies I borrowed from the library were now overdue. I returned them this morning before the library opened, so they were only 1 day overdue, but at $1/day/movie...ugh. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by