*UPDATE* I think Cackel Hatchery sent me the wrong breed. Aahh!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JayBird+16, May 8, 2009.

1. JayBird+16

JayBird+16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Fitzwilliam, NH
    Is it possible that I recived Cornish X's instead of the Dark Cornish that I ordered? This is my first time ordering chicks though the mail and this morning I recived 16 very small, very yellow chicks. I looked at the picts. of the dark cornish chicks and they all seem brown. Will my chicks turn brown or did I end up with the wrong breed? I don't want Cornish X's - what should I do with them?

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  2. aidenbaby

aidenbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    If you can post a pic, people may be able to help identify better. [​IMG]

3. ntiveheart

ntiveheart Chillin' With My Peeps

JayBird+16 :

Is it possible that I recived Cornish X's instead of the Dark Cornish that I ordered? This is my first time ordering chicks though the mail and this morning I recived 16 very small, very yellow chicks. I looked at the picts. of the dark cornish chicks and they all seem brown. Will my chicks turn brown or did I end up with the wrong breed? I don't want Cornish X's - what should I do with them?

once, ideal made a mistake on an order of mine..........when i called them about it, they replaced the ducks, immediately, no questions asked. i would hope that cackle has the same policy....it only takes a phone call to find out for sure.

good luck!​

4. Ravenna

Ravenna Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2009
    SLO County, California
    I just got my Cackle order today and I got a lively, peeping box of active and healthy silkies with a few bonus peanuts! All alive and very well. If you think there is a mistake, they are very nice and helpful and usually will work with you. Probably your best bet would be to post a pic for folks to identify on here or send Cackle a picture of your chicks to make sure your order was right. Good luck!

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  5. cochinbantam-lover

cochinbantam-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Quote:What are peanuts?

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Extra chicks packed with your order for warmth, usually roosters, called packing peanuts.

7. JayBird+16

JayBird+16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Fitzwilliam, NH
    I ordered a straight run of dark cornish. The chicks are suppose to be darkish brown with darker brown patches. my new chicks, while very cute, are soild, fluffy yellow. I'll post a pict are soon as I get one.

8. ChickensInTheNorthWoods

ChickensInTheNorthWoods Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    North East CT
    My experiences with the people at Cackle the past 2 years has been great so if they sent you the wrong chicks (which it sounds like they did) I would give them a call and hopefully they will correct their mistake. Good luck.

9. Missouri Maiden

Missouri Maiden Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Southwest Missouri
    They did this to me to, I got two chicks I didn't order.

10. cochinbantam-lover

cochinbantam-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Thanks! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by