(update)Ideal babies here! *pics*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Ducklove334, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    I can't wait!

our Ideal babies will hopefully be here thursday( the chicks we ordered last fall got here the day after shipping, the day before halloween...

we ordered some cochins, a jersey black giant, some sort of rooster, a barred rock (MINE) 2 guieneas(sp?) (BECCAS), 2 turkeys, some more chickens,and a crested mallard and Magpie ducks(MINE)

however, our brooder room isn't done yet -_-, so i hope we have somewhre to put them, anyone else have babies shipping the 25th?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    I Dooooooo, but mine isn't from Ideal it is from Cackle Hatchery [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. skya328

skya328 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I do, I do! Ideal called to confirm a few days ago.

We ordered:

2 mottled Java
    2 Rhode Island White
    2 partridge Chanteclers
    5 Ameraucanas

I can hardly wait! [​IMG]

4. Ducklove334

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    Master S.M.C :

I Dooooooo, but mine isn't from Ideal it is from Cackle Hatchery [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

ohh ohh! what are you getting, i wanted to order from them, I wanted Anconas at one time, still do, but I only one one or two, not 10+ of them [​IMG]

5. guitari609

guitari609 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2008
    Taylors, SC
    OHhh ohh ohh...I have 7 Pilgrim Geese and 5 Khaki Campbells coming Wednesday too! From Ideal! They must be having one BUSY week. I'm so excited. I've never had geese, but I adore my ducks, and I've always been fascinated by geese and have heard nothing but good about Pilgrims as far as folks that like geese go. I'm all set up, I made a huge brooder in the basement by taking a roll of aluminum flashing and turning it into sort of a coral and then putting down bedding... I just hope I can keep it warm enough, I'm going to turn everything on tomorrow evening to make sure all is working properly.

6. Ducklove334

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    I'll be posting pics of the babies once they get here [​IMG]

I expect everyone to do the same!I need toi see fuzzyness! [​IMG]

7. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    :frowme too I got 4 cochin red, black, barred and partridge, 2 sexlinks (black) 2 barred rocks and 2 delaware, coming weds. I can't wait! good luck on everyones coming deliveries![​IMG]

8. Ducklove334

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    I think we got 2 black cochins and a red one, we might have gotten another color, but I can't remember LOLL.....we got something like 23 birds in total, wich means no packing peanuts this time [​IMG] I love my naked packing neck nuts [​IMG]...OH we got a naked neck pullet, cause we'e gonna keep one of the naked neck roos [​IMG]

9. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    I also have peeps shipping from Ideal on Wednesday. My order is all pullets:

2 Australorp
    2 Barred Rock
    2 Buff Orpington
    2 Rhode Island Red
    2 Easter Egger

+packing peanuts for warmth (been reading up on the "meat bird" forum!)

I'm hoping to also get them Thursday. I've been setting the brooder up in the garage - trying to get the temperature at a steady level. Already have newspaper on wire, covered by pine shavings, which is topped with several layers of paper towels. Keeping my fingers crossed that all my pullets arrive safely, disease-free and thriving!

10. Dace

Dace Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2008
    I have my first ever order shipping out form Ideal on Wed. I am in CA and have not heard anything other than the original order confirmation from a week and a half ago.

I ordered 4 Khaki Campbells (3 female 1 male) 3 Australorps & 3 EEs.
    I am SUPER excited!! Since I am in CA I am assuming they will arrive on Fri. (although I will heat up the brooder on Wed afternoon just to be safe) I have cleared my schedule and have called the PO to warn them and make sure they have correct phone numbers. Can't wait!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by