Update - It's been almost three weeks since Scott died - pics

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by vickibiro, Jun 29, 2010.

1. vickibiro

vickibiro In the Brooder

May 30, 2010
    LaGrange, Kentucky
    Here it is as it stands now

[​IMG]

I need some designs for the nesting boxes. The inside of the house will be divided in half. With nesting boxes opening to the people side. I have 25 girls, although at least one of them is looking more and more like a roo. He is my favorite one too. I get a lot of joy out of these little guys. They eat everything and are so friendly. Scott would have approved. A friend of mine helped me set up a dog run on top of an old tarp inside my garage while their coop is being worked on. Thank y'all for being so helpful. I am so not handy and this has been such hard work. I hired a roof man and he has shown up one day and said he would be here three. I also have a friend who said he would come in and set the other two windows for the house. I have a lot of painting left to do. But it's been nice to be busy. I know it won't be finished to Scott's standards but I do hope to get it done. Here's a pic of the "girls" waiting for their new home.

[​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    Beautiful! I like the color!

3. montanasandy

montanasandy Chirping

May 11, 2010
    Potomac, Montana
    Hugs to you. Wish I was closer, I'd come over and help.

4. vickibiro

vickibiro In the Brooder

May 30, 2010
    LaGrange, Kentucky
    Quote:Thanks, it matches my house!

5. GermanChick

GermanChick Songster

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    That is the cutest coop I have seen !!!! It is adorable ! I am sure it is hard for you to go on after your loss but you are doing a great job [​IMG]

6. ChickenChik

ChickenChik Songster

Apr 10, 2010
    Kinsey, Alabama
    I am so sorry about your husband. He would be very proud of the work you have done. It is beautiful. I only wish mine looked that nice. You should name it after him like "Scott's Place" or something like that...just a thought. But you are doing a wonderful job. You are still in my prayers.

7. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Songster

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
    Thanks for the update. I'm so glad that you are getting it finished. That's something to be very proud of in itself. Scott would be proud of you, I'm sure. Keep up the good work and we are looking so forward to the girls move in pics.

8. nelgkel

nelgkel Songster

Apr 14, 2010
    FL
    So gorgeous! Scott would be so proud of you! You are doing a wonderful job getting the coop done. it looks amazing, thanks for the pictures and the update. Was just thinking about you this morning and wondering how you were.

9. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

It's looking wonderful! [​IMG]

10. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    I am so sorry for your loss. Your coop is beautiful. You are doing a wonderful job and I'm sure he would be very proud.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by