*Update* Katy is hatching my eggs!!! Yay!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SoccerMomof7, Dec 22, 2008.

1. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Well last night my rooster died unexpectantly and now I am trying to hatch some of my very last fertlized eggs. I have never incubated eggs and didn't even want to try to have chicks until it got warmer again but now I dont have a choice. I haven't even told the kids that Foghorn died, I thought my DH was going to cry when he found out. I have 3 eggs already and hope to have more over the last couple of days but I want soooo much to have a little foghorn for my DH and the kids so if anybody knows of anyone please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  2. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Good Luck!! Sorry to hear about your loss. [​IMG] Even harder at this time of year -- and you have some young children [​IMG]

I have heard that Miss Prissy has posted about a homemade incubator (you can do a search).

Also, I understand that your eggs will continue to be fertile for a while (not sure of the exact time) -- better do another search!!

Sorry that I can't be more help -- I am really a newbie that spends A LOT of time reading posts!!!

Merry Christmas!

Cindy

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

awww, so sorry !!!!

Keep collecting eggs so you can get lots of his babies [​IMG]

4. SoccerMomof7

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Well thanks so much everyone, I am really thinking about making an incubator but for 1 my DH would kill me and 2 I am scard that I will loose the whole batch! These eggs mean something to the kids so I don't want them to be my test run!

5. ChickLuver

ChickLuver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2008
    Walton, New York
    My dad and I made an incubator. I got everything we need at the dollar store. I used a Strofoam cooler, a thermomater, a sponge, and broke apart a desk lamp we didnt use that had a 2-way switch. If you want I can take some pics and email them with directions. It only cost like $5 bucks.......

6. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    Wish I was closer I would be more than happy to help, Give it a little time, I'm sure someone can help you in your area !!

7. SoccerMomof7

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    I think I found somebody thank goodness!

8. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:oh i'm so glad [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. SoccerMomof7

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Okay so I collected 5 eggs and Katy is being the greatest person ever and trying to hatch them for me! Everyone keep their fingers crossed! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by