1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

UPDATE...lone chick with Moose beanie baby...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    An update on Felix the lone surviving chick that slept with his "lovey"...Chocolate the beanie baby Moose...

We ordered a bantam assortment from My Pet Chicken that came yesterday and he now has 9 teeny tiny friends. As small as Felix is, he towers over some of those chicks!! I never realized how small bantam chicks are.

At first when one of the chicks got on top of his "lovey" (the moose), he ran them off. Today he is letting them around it so I guess they've become friends. [​IMG]

2. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    Awwww, that is so sweet! I tried your idea with my lone chick, I gave it a small stuffed cat and it is snuggling with it as we speak! It even slept with it last night. Congratulations on all your babies and thanks for the idea!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by