UPDATE: March 19 is Officially BackYardChickens Day!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by The Chicken Lady, Dec 24, 2008.

1. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I've been thinking about the post where one BYCer wore her BYC shirt to Lowe's and randomly met another BYCer there. I don't think this is the first time something like this has happened.

What about having a day where BYCers go out and about to public places (such as a mall) wearing BYC T-shirts/sweatshirts, etc.? It could be a sort of universal BYC holiday, and a fun way to possibly meet other BYCers and (of course) put in a shameless plug for everyone else about BYC. We already have Chickenstocks, but those are whenever in whatever town or state; this would be a holiday for BYCers across the country and around the world.

I was trying to think of an appropriate day for such a momentous event. September is National Chicken Month, but that's pretty far off. Another choice might be March 19, which is National Poultry Day.

Of course, we could always create a BYC "Founder's Day," or something, commemorating the creation of BYC. I'm not sure when that is...

What do you guys think? Is baking tons of Christmas cookies frying my brain, or does this sound like fun? Ideas and feedback appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  2. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    I wonder if work would make it a holiday!!! oh who am I kidding they will make me take a vacation day... [​IMG]

3. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    Sounds cool and very appropriate for me. My birthday is March 19, and I was born under the sign of the Rooster.

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Quote:Sounds like a double sign to me!!!

Thanks Chicken Lady for starting this!

5. AmazonDragon

AmazonDragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2008
    Wisconsin
    LOL that sounds like it would be fun!

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Okay, it's official, then.

March 19 is now BackYardChickens Day!

I will make an event page on Facebook with details about the holiday. Feel free to post meet-up locations in your state, and don't forget to spend some of your Christmas money on a BYC shirt (or make your own; there are some incredibly crafty people on here)! [​IMG]

7. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    ...since i don't have a byc shirt...can i just write with permanent marker BYC on a shirt i do have? and write something like....BYC hearts chickens.

and then can i draw a stick figure on the back with LOTS of fingers and say...watch out for yappyfingers?

can i? huh? huh?

me,
    g

8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Quote:Sure! Remember, we've got some good specials in the store right now including a bunch of BYC shirts for only $10 each.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

OMG [​IMG]

You are so BAD!

10. cozycritters

cozycritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    It sounds fun [​IMG]. My DH will be on spring break, so we'll be in SLC... I wonder if there are any BYC-ers there!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by