UPDATE! Mottled Houdan Cockerel & Turken Pullets... SOLD!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by dangerouschicken, Sep 2, 2008.

1. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    I have a beautiful Mottled Houdan cockerel for sale. I was told, when he was a chick, that he was a she. I already have too many roosters and he is just too pretty to eat. He's 12 weeks old (in this photo he is 8 weeks), is already crowing, and is showing interest in breeding with females. He has 5 toes on each foot, a nice crest, and spotted body. If anyone is interested in him, just email/PM me. I am asking $10 for him for the cost of my raising him up. Thanks!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  2. dangerouschicken

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    I also have two egg-laying Black Turkens pullets for sale. They are only 6 months old, are $10 each, and usually lay an egg a day. They are not welcome by my main flock, and have been repeatedly attacked because of their naked necks, so I'm hoping someone with other Turkens, or who wants to keep them separate, will come and get them from me.

These two Turkens are MEGA SWEET and love people. They want to be held all the time, and love to be petted. They would be great for anyone with kids. I really love these two girls, but I am trying to keep only one flock right now.

[​IMG]

Aren't they beautiful? If you would like to purchase them, just email or PM me. If you met them, you would fall in love with them.

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I may be interested in your Houdan cockerel....if I can get some houdan hatching eggs! I two have one cockerel houdan and no girls for him! So I'm searching for some ASAP. I'm hoping to have a bachelor pen with my extras in it just in case anything happens to my main breeder---are you in a huge hurry to sell him?

4. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Oh I love your turkens-and that is saying a lot because I don't like turkens! I wish I could have them-wonder if my bantams would pick on them.

5. dangerouschicken

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Well, I already found a home for the Mottled Houdan cockerel, I think. Thanks though, Equibling. Good luck getting your Houdan flock together. [​IMG]

Coffeemama, I don't think the bantams would peck them. I have the Turkens with some chicks that are bantam sized, and the Turkens actually rule the roost. If you are interested in them, just let me know. I'd love to meet you finally, too!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  6. dangerouschicken

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    I have a taker for the Turkens now, as well. Thanks everyone [​IMG]

7. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Oh, dangerous, wish I lived closer. Love both you AND your birds!

8. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Quote:Boohoohooo [​IMG] I'm too slow!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by