About a month ago I posted that I had received the newest model of the 1502. In the packing literature, GQF stated that this "two-fan model" was their newest design and asked for feedback after hatching. Prior to setting my first batch of eggs, I tried it out for several days. The temp was fine, but the humidity stayed significantly lower than what I am used to using...I am still guessing that this is due to the incredible air exchange with the two fans. With the water pan only (I have the bucket/tube on top) my first 18 days humidity stayed within one % either way of 38%. At lockdown I put in one wick, placed vertically in the middle of the pan. This brought my humidity up to 61% for the next three days. I had set Orpington eggs from three different BYC breeders. None of them are within 600 miles of me. All three shipments appeared to have been handled very roughly, with dented boxes. One even had a broken egg that had leaked on the others. I set them all and didn't ever look at air cells for fear of early disappointment. Out of these 57 eggs, I hatched 37. 35 of these eggs hatched the 21st day and within a couple hours of each other. However, the "high wind" really proved its worth two days later when I peeled and picked two barely surviving strugglers our of their shell while running under warm water. I then placed their limp, soggy bodies back into the hatching drawer. Within a few hours, they were dry, fluffy, and strong even with the internal humidity still above 60%. Considering the condition of the shipment, I am elated with the percent hatched and my new 1502!