-Update* No more Waiting, Today is the Day! *PICS ADDED*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bec, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

My babies are due any day now! The thing is....I don't know when! I started a new job 2 days ago and so far it has been very demanding, I have to go in for a little while tomorrow, but I have Sunday and Monday off! I hope they come on one of those 2 days!!

I just checked and no pipping yet!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  2. CheerfulHeart2

CheerfulHeart2 Creative Problem Solver

Apr 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yippee!

3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    At least you've got a rough guesstimate!! [​IMG]

4. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    [​IMG] Excitement, anticipation, AND suspense; what a great combination! [​IMG] Sending good hatching vibes your way, Bec!

My little black Delaware Blue Hen pullets are laying, and I've decided that later this spring I'm going to use Jake (one of the Blues Bothers [​IMG]) to breed. Do you know if the guys at the University of Delaware have a "standard" of what they want or desire in the breed?

5. Bec

6. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    Thanks!

7. Bec

I wish I had a better answer for you, I am not clear myself. I am taking Ceasar to the fair in the summer, so I will find out for sure then what is preferred!

8. Bec

Candled one last time and looks like they should be pipping very soon!! Like tonight or tomorrow!! I could see them moving in the air sac part of the big end!!!

Yay for babies!!! [​IMG]

9. Bec

I HAVE PIPS! Yay!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I just checked on them, both are pipped! They pipped sometime between 6:30 last night and 7 this morning, so now the fun begins!! And the best part is...I have off from work today and tomorrow so I will be here for the big moment!!!! [​IMG]

10. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by