UPDATE ON 22 DAY INCUBATION

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jj ranch, Feb 19, 2009.

1. jj ranch

jj ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    i still have none hatched but i can for sure hear at least 1. i did however HELP pop a hole in one and it was alive!!! so i put small opening in membrane. he is still alive and resting with some attempts to stretch out. its been an hour now, no zip but the hole that is dime size. i think he will just plop out. some blood but not much it is drying up. chic nice and wet still. do i help more or just let it do itself? i dont want the membrane dried up and him stuck while he is trying to breath. what a mess. next hatch im going to have humidity up to 70 right off.

2. freshegg

freshegg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    greenfield,ma
    I dont think you were supposed to do that you are suppose to leave the bator closed and wait like byc people told you.

3. Chickapooh23

Chickapooh23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    Corning OH
    Yeah, it is hard. I had a crappy hatch last summer with no peeps until the evening of the 22 day. No hatching until day 23 and 24. Try to be patient.

4. jj ranch

jj ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    so far i think things are fine. still rocking in a few and the one with the hole is just hanging out. im going to let him finish unless i see he is really drying up or fighting. im expecting to have it not turn out well but i do want to try. im just glad this wasnt my first hatch!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by