Update on babies...Mili Fleur, Frizzle, and Silkie...still need help!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ckw1205, Nov 4, 2010.

1. ckw1205

ckw1205 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2010
    Okay, so far the Silkie and the Frizzle continue to improve...the Mili Fleur is still alive, but sadly is in no better [email protected], I read all that you posted and I went out and bought all that I could find to give her that applied...couldnt find the vetrx or any probios, and the dosage for human probiotic capsules wasnt on the author's post...the last post (forgot name), I will be getting back with you...cant find anything here where I am located ant the little feller is hanging tough, but very ill...so far, she has been like this since about 4am...extremely lethargic, basically sleeping with no energy to even stay afoot any longer than a minute or two...I have been giving drops of honey water off and on, and I did buy the vitamins and gave (polyvit)...this morning the honey water did give her some added energy, but she hasnt eaten all day, and tonight she isnt responding yet to the honey...I have a dropper, electrolytes and vitamins in the powder form, and the duramycin that they had been on for six days...what should I do??????? I want her to live...she is trying so hard, bless her little heart. I have tried also to put the apple cider vinegar in some water for them a few minutes ago and also gave her a few drops as they were all sneezing and had matted eyes initially...as of know, their poo is all normal, and other than her lethargy/weakness, there are no other s/s besides the frizzles crop being swollen, but she is eating like a hog now that she is feeling better....pls give suggestions on anything else I can do for poor Milli...what about Aspirin???

2. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    You need a sulpha based drug. There are numerous water soluble types available at Tractor Supply & most feed stores. The duramycin is apparently not working. The terramycin eye ointment is available from any vet. You mentioned a cochin with eye bubbles....it's spreading through your flock. Get everyone on the sulpha.

3. ckw1205

ckw1205 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2010
    okay...which one do you recommend??? I can go back to Tractor Supply and get it tomorrow...just not sure what to get...these are all separated from the flock...havent been around the others at all...I just got them a week ago tomorrow...the cochin too...those are in a separate area in the garage...all my other grown ones are about two acres away in my back yard in their coop...I so hope they dont get it...we have been washing good and making sure to maintain a good clean environment to avoid cross contamination. Got any ideas on what I could feed the Milli to give her strength to make it through the night?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by