Update on Babies

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by PeepMomma, Apr 22, 2009.

1. PeepMomma

PeepMomma Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2009
    Edmonson Co. Kentucky
    Hello Everyone!
    Just a quick update on what has been going on with my babies. I tried the idea of crushing up cereal in my hand and feeding them. Now, instead of running away, I have 11 little angels heading straight for my hand whether I have anything in it or not. I also added a big scary stick which they seem to enjoy roosting and climbing around on. They all have nearly all of their feathers except some areas on their chest and their head. Man! are they really trying out those feathers! The attempt flying from one end of the brooder to the other and it is so neat to watch. I have to keep and eye on them though because after having them for 3 weeks, I am amazed to find that they can now fly as high as the brooder edge! The only hold out that I have is the one whose picture I posted last. It is just now really starting to get it's feathers. It is much bigger and taller than the rest of the chicks, so I am still in a pickle trying to figure out what it is! I guess I will find out what it is for sure soon enough!
    I am going to try and post pictures of them again soon, so that you all can see how well they are doing!
    I am totally ruined now!![​IMG]

2. PeepMomma

PeepMomma Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2009
    Edmonson Co. Kentucky
    Ok, so I couldn't resist....had to run out and take new pics! The first one is the odd man out. He or She is just now deciding to get their feathers, way behind everyone else. You can see what I mean about them not being afraid of my hand!
    [​IMG]
    The next two are just pretty pictures. They show exactly how different in coloring my babies are, and why I can't quite make out what they are yet!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope I am not driving you all crazy with the pics!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by