UPDATE on chick with spraddle legs! Thanks for your help

IrishBoy

Songster
10 Years
Aug 3, 2009
so this afternoon i carefully removed the bandage from her feet and placed her on the ground and THANK GOD she can walk now on her own ... seems to have done the trick, i can not belive how friendly a chick she is , out of ALL my chicks she will not run away and tries to snuggle with me ! i hope she will be ok, she is now eating and drinking fine but not as quick as the other chicks. The two that hatched three days befor her are quite big now and have shown the newbies how to drink and eat. At the moment i am so pleased!oh and the other egg hatched also! so i will post pics of it soon!

so the eggs hatched on different days .. and one chick from an egg that just saud BUFF was doinf great ... then i checked this morning and it's legs were wide apart, after looking up on BYC i got a plaster and done waht i had to do .. now it can stand and waddle about, so please God let it get well .. just wanted to post pics to show you guys ... . what you think Ainne is and will she be ok ?

this is Ainne...
38251_dscf2841.jpg

and again ...

this is popcorn who hatched day 19 with smokey they are already showing beautiful featers .. they are sussex i think ...

38251_dscf2837.jpg

smokey

38251_dscf2833.jpg

this little guy hatched day 21 .. and is meant to be a Vorwerk i call him spud

38251_dscf2839.jpg

and i have another mutt chick drying of as we speak a mic between a rodle island red and a white sussex roo ... what wud it look lik lol

Last edited:
Quote:
no , i looked at the pic , but her toes are actually fine , jut not in that pic! ... it's her legs! :S thanks thou!

You don't say how old she is. I had one I thought was having problems but it just needed a few days to get it's footing.
I don't believe these things are as common as we might think. I hope you didn't overreact by putting those things around it's legs.

Did you know there is a breed with short legs that appears to waddle? Not that I suspect yours is this breed mind you.

Last edited:
Quote:
no , i looked at the pic , but her toes are actually fine , jut not in that pic! ... it's her legs! :S thanks thou!

Whew that is good. :_) I'm sure she'll do fine.

Quote:
i have ALWAYS wanted one of them ... let's hope she gets better .... SHE .. SHE SHE

Hi Irishboy, they are so cute!!

My Silkie has only just started walking today, Saturday and Sunday she looked just like your buff girl. Legs wide apart and kind of flapping on her tummy.

I'd give it a few days before making a decision about action.. unless doing it sooner gives a better chance of recovery?

Back
Top Bottom