Update on dog battle

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
I had posted an issue with the neighbors dogs coming over to my property and attacking my dog. Dh said dhe would go talk to them and he did.

Here's the story:

The guy says he and the wife are divorcing and the dogs are "hers". He said they are already paying for plastic surgery for a neighbor boy that the one dog bit.
ep.gif

Then he said their son is in his senior year of high school, parents are separated, so she drops him off at the end of the driveway to catch the bus so he doesn't have to change schools. BUT, she also drops off the dogs. Supposedly the kid is supposed to put the dogs in the house and "forgets". He said it would be fixed shortly as he was going to tell her to stop dropping off the dogs.

So Sunday (not a school day) I go out with my dog and sure enough we get jumped again. I could not even get out of my own car at the end of my own drive to get my newspaper!
rant.gif

DH says he think we should give husband a few days to straighten things out with (ex?) wife before we call police or animal control. No sign of the dogs when I got home Sunday and none so far this morning.

So it is at least a temporary problem...... DH knows where wife works, he said if he sees the dogs again he'll pick them up and drop them off at her job!!!
tongue.gif

We'll see
pop.gif
at least DH was good as his word.
bow.gif

I have WHAT in my yard? :

I had posted an issue with the neighbors dogs coming over to my property and attacking my dog. Dh said dhe would go talk to them and he did.

Here's the story:

The guy says he and the wife are divorcing and the dogs are "hers". He said they are already paying for plastic surgery for a neighbor boy that the one dog bit.
ep.gif

Then he said their son is in his senior year of high school, parents are separated, so she drops him off at the end of the driveway to catch the bus so he doesn't have to change schools. BUT, she also drops off the dogs. Supposedly the kid is supposed to put the dogs in the house and "forgets". He said it would be fixed shortly as he was going to tell her to stop dropping off the dogs.

So Sunday (not a school day) I go out with my dog and sure enough we get jumped again. I could not even get out of my own car at the end of my own drive to get my newspaper!
rant.gif

DH says he think we should give husband a few days to straighten things out with (ex?) wife before we call police or animal control. No sign of the dogs when I got home Sunday and none so far this morning.

So it is at least a temporary problem...... DH knows where wife works, he said if he sees the dogs again he'll pick them up and drop them off at her job!!!
tongue.gif

We'll see
pop.gif
at least DH was good as his word.
bow.gif

Call animal control and/or the police NOW! Those dogs are DANGEROUS. How would you feel if ANOTHER CHILD was bitten and severely injured, knowing that YOU could have prevented it, or at least made an effort to, by reporting the dogs?

I understand that it is a miserable situation for the neighbor and his son, but YOU also have a civic responsibility to report the dogs since you KNOW what kind of problem they cause.​

Last edited:
Animal control here is not like it was where I grew up. The dogs were reported when they bit the first child but those parents decided not to press charges against the animal.

Now when I say an animal is loose and threatening my dog they say, "Shoot it." They are not going to come and take the dogs because I report them. And they're not going to come at all for several days.

DH spoke to the police about it this morning (his friend via e-mail) and the answer was the same - Shoot it.

Animal issues here are not something you go to the authorities about around here unless it involves livestock or vicious attacks. The parents were the only ones who could press the vicious attack issue and they chose not to.

SO animal control and the police are both "aware" of these dogs..... That's all we can do until or unless they do something worse.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Animal control here is not like it was where I grew up. The dogs were reported when they bit the first child but those parents decided not to press charges against the animal.

Now when I say an animal is loose and threatening my dog they say, "Shoot it." They are not going to come and take the dogs because I report them. And they're not going to come at all for several days.

DH spoke to the police about it this morning (his friend via e-mail) and the answer was the same - Shoot it.

Animal issues here are not something you go to the authorities about around here unless it involves livestock or vicious attacks. The parents were the only ones who could press the vicious attack issue and they chose not to.

SO animal control and the police are both "aware" of these dogs..... That's all we can do until or unless they do something worse.

God, I love living in PA...

If anyone couldn't tell, that was sarcasm. Anyway, sarcasm aside, I really REALLY can't believe they won't do anything about the dog. Seems to me they just don't want to get their hands dirty when they can just wait for the nuisance to get shot by someone else. It's sad, because by doing that, they're just inviting further problems down the road, and likely suffering that could have been avoided.​

Quote:
God, I love living in PA...

If anyone couldn't tell, that was sarcasm. Anyway, sarcasm aside, I really REALLY can't believe they won't do anything about the dog. Seems to me they just don't want to get their hands dirty when they can just wait for the nuisance to get shot by someone else. It's sad, because by doing that, they're just inviting further problems down the road, and likely suffering that could have been avoided.

If you call and report, and they do nothing, the fault is on them. If you call and say "these dogs are attacking me" (or my dog) as it occurs, they are liable if htey choose to not respond. And, the squeeky wheel gets greased. If nothing else, they will eventually respond to get you to stop complaining.

If the dogs were attacking I would mace them. I know the husky that caused $400 in injury to my dog would get maced just for stepping into my yard,because I won't wait for it to attack again.

Best wishes!

Shoot them if they aren't gone real soon. It is inexcusable that those dogs are still running around. Good luck.
hmm.png

They wouldn't have been alive long around my house, after that first attack.
sad.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Mace just makes them more mad it wont get them away!! i was told this by an animal control officer, i work for a dog rescue and we asked them.... an air horn works better according to them

Back
Top Bottom