1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

UPDATE ON EGGS FROM EBAY. Day 21 today. PICS OF FUZZIES only 6/24

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickfillhay, Jul 5, 2008.

1. chickfillhay

chickfillhay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    [​IMG] I ordered 12 buff and 12 white Orpinton. [​IMG] She sent me that plus 3 more. You know what? Not only were they so nicely bubble wrapped, but they were so cushioned by the bubble wrap that 3 eggs got out and NONE were broken! And then to make things even better, She marked every egg so that I know who are buffs and who are white. And the box was clearly marked as to what the post office is supposed to do with it. She left clear instructions that they were not to be xrayed.
    That's not all of it! Even the post office was great! My mail usually arrives after 2pm. The postwoman brought them to my door as soon as she got them! She came at 11:00am on a Saturday! I live rurally so that is a real big deal to me! 'Cause I'm at least 10 miles from the closest post office.I am so excited. Going to put them in the bator tonight! YES I will say the seller is....thepoultryplace [​IMG]

Edited to update. Today is day 18 and I candled them. It looks like I might get about 1/2 of each. Shame to think I have to throw away so many eggs. Despite the fact that she packed them so well. Some of them have a blood ring and some don't even show development.
    Anyway wish me luck on whats left. I'll update you as they come along!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  2. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    That is terrific!
    Good luck with hatching!

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Good luck with your eggs! [​IMG]

4. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Great!! That's so good to know and nice of you to give her positive feedback on this forum. I have to do the same for Estancia Arizona for the Gold Laced Cochins and the Lemon Blue Cochins that are hatching for me today. Well pack, great fertility...

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    That is great! I really appreciate it when people take the time to make sure eggs are packed so well. The postwoman sounds like my own, Martha, she brings me my packages before she does anyone else and our Post Office is on the other side of the mountain about 19 miles away.

6. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    That's great. I'll place the sellers on my faves then when I am ready to buy I will already have a few good people to choose from that other BYC people have had luck with:)

7. chickfillhay

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  8. chickfillhay

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    Edited to update. Today is day 18 and I candled them. It looks like I might get about 1/2 of each. Shame to think I have to throw away so many eggs. Despite the fact that she packed them so well. Some of them have a blood ring and some don't even show development.
    Anyway wish me luck on whats left. I'll update you as they come along!

Nothing yet. I'll try not to worry until later! [​IMG]

9. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Good luck!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Did you throw out the ones with blood rings? I have had eggs and I think others have also where the chick develops with what looks like a blood ring but it is just a vein encircling the egg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by