Update on Fluffy White Rooster *pics*

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by KinderKorner, Oct 21, 2009.

1. KinderKorner

KinderKorner Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Alright so I had a post months back about some weird cross I got out of my chickens.

Well he is all grown up now. [​IMG] And he sure is beautiful! He is the largest chicken I have as well. Even bigger than my Brahmas.

I also have 4 more younger ones that looks just like him!

[​IMG]

Here he is. I never did think of a name so suggestions would be good.

In the past month or so he has gotten a few little orange spots on him. Although you can't see them in the picture. He has a few on his shoulders.

[​IMG]

Here are some matching chicks. They start off all white. Then their hackles and tail turn black. Then as they age the hackles fade until they are very light grey. Their tail remains black, and they have a little bit of black spotting on the wings.

These chicks are currently blacker than they will be grown.

They all have lightly feathered feet. Very soft feathers.

Very cute and friendly, and BIG.

I will be keeping them around.

2. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

BEAUTIFUL!! Love the color blends!! So pretty!! I would keep them around too! [​IMG]

3. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    beautiful birds

4. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    What are they crossed with? I assume Light Brahma with ???

I crossed my Jersey Giant roo with White Leghorn pullets and Rhode Island red pullet....the resulting chicks are much bigger than my standard brahma chicks that hatched out at the same time. They tower over the brahmas, especially the cockerels. They should all look like White Jersey Giant crosses, I guess.....I'm going to keep a few to grow out, just out of curiosity.

5. KinderKorner

KinderKorner Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    They are brahma and Buff Orp Cross. They are so much whiter than my Brahmas though. So I think I am going to try crossing them in again to see if I can brighten up my brahmas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by