Update on Grandson who was shot in Dec

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gessieviolet, Apr 21, 2008.

1. gessieviolet

gessieviolet Chillin' With My Peeps

You may remember me as the person who hatched my first quail in Jan when my grandson was lying in the hospital awaiting death due to head gun shot wound. I posted later to let you know he survived and was able to function.

I am happy to report he WALKED out of the hospital last Thursday (with assistance). This is the child we were told twice had no chance of survival beyond a vegetative state. He has no memory loss, other than the coma, no visual problems, no speech impediment, no apparent personality problems and prospects of full recovery of motor skills! He told me last week he plans to play some form of ball by next year!

I was this child's night watch person for the 4 months and I NEVER heard him complain about what he was enduring except to let me know my snoring bothered him!! What a kid!!!!

Just thought you might like to know.

2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

That is SO FANTASTIC! I didn't see the thread in December, but what great news! I love miraculous recovery stories! [​IMG]

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Congrats! How old is he? The young recover so well when we least expect it.

4. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Oh my, I wasnt a member in December either, but I am so happy for you and your family on his recovery. That is amazing!! And you are a wondertful grandma to stay by his bedside every night for 4 months. WOW
    Must have been the love that pulled him through!

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    What a blessing! Thank you Heavenly Father!!! So happy to hear he is going to be okay! [​IMG]

6. Meesh

Meesh Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Rocky Mountains
    What a miraculous recovery! Blessings to you and your family. Kids have such an amazing ability to heal.

- Michelle

7. johnmayersquare

johnmayersquare Let's Talk About Chicks, Man!

Nov 17, 2007
    Port Orchard, WA
    Wonderful! I'm so happy for you and your family....That is awesome news! [​IMG]

8. @migocontodos~

@migocontodos~ Chillin' With My Peeps

It seems that in this world we live in, GOOD news is so hard to hear...BUT...it does exist!
    Congratulations on the his improvement!

9. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    That's great news!! I remember your other posts. I'm happy that everything turned out great and he's up and about now. I bet he is happy to be home.

10. gessieviolet

gessieviolet Chillin' With My Peeps

Writer of words, he turned 13 April 6, in the hospital and what a day he had! His mother maintained a 'carepage' post on his progress. He received about 300 (no error) cards and his site logged thousands of hits-we could not believe it!! I must admit I am one proud GRANDPA !!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by