update on Hoosier Head the lonley pekin drake!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by chooniecat, Jun 22, 2011.

1. chooniecat

chooniecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    central ohio
    Got 2 Welsh Harlequin ducks/1 pekin duck because my pekin duck had to be euthanized and Handsome Harrison Hoosier Head the Pekin drake was lost by himself and they are a happy group now. blah blah blah. sorry for rambling but it seems to be a happy ending and now Hoosier Head(8 1/2 yo) is OK until he goes.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  2. Eroc1_1

Eroc1_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Quote:I am glad that you were able to get company for your Pekin drake. Hope it was a fun ride.

3. chooniecat

chooniecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    central ohio
    Was a gorgeous day and I thank goodness I have AC in vehicle now. It was Dads day but told my dad I would see him during week and HAD to get the WH's that day.I am the only one in family into the fowl so I don't go into detail but they're tolerant of me(huh?). Hoosier Head immediately tried to jump on the tiny WH hens but they're quick and he has the bum leg so all do OK now. The Jumbo Pekin duck rules the show and WH hens seem OK with it.Hoosier doesn't seem interested in the Jumbo Pekin hen in a romantic way but they hang out together. I need to get new camera. dropped old one too much and cheapie phone takes HORRID pics. Meredith at Quacky Acres had some adorable Call ducks and I had never met one in person and they're gorgeous. She had runners loose that day and they were pretty. Didn't see the Seb. Geese(I think thats what you're getting?) but I have seen those before and they're beautiful.

4. Eroc1_1

Eroc1_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Quote:They were only a week old. So she still had them in an enclosed brooder. Her Runners and Calls are pretty indeed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by